2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Solid car
By Stamper2 on 05/18/07 19:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda. Went from a mini-van to a GT/AWD CX-9. Love the shape, style and performance. I highly recommend this car.

Absolutely love it
By frank on 05/15/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It came down to an Odyssey, Sienna, or the CX-9. Drove the Odyssey for a week, and the CX-9 for a week, no comparison. Had to take a trip to Nashville, smooth, powerful, no road noise. Got the entertainment DVD for the kids, and didn't realize I got the Bose sound system with it, AWESOME SOUND. The step up to the touring trim gets the leather, and I got black on black. Best looking vehicle I've ever owned. People stop and ask "what is that?" Did not know I could not add the towing package as later an option. Without the package, you are limited to 2000 lbs. With it, 3500 lbs.

Car Ride, SUV Room, Zoom Zoom
By jayu on 05/11/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love this vehicle. I drove all of the other equivalents with a 3rd row seat prior to purchasing (Acadia, Pathfinder, Outlook, Pilot) and found this to be the best choice in terms of ride, styling, etc.

Mazda CX-9
By Brad on 05/09/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the Grand Touring AWD model with nav, moonroof, and towing. It replaced a Nissan Murano. So far, the CX-9 is one fine car. It has great handling and abundant room. The exterior may be the best looking of the new CUV type cars. Certainly the interior is much more attractive than the Murano.

Mazda CX-9
By Faye Whiddon on 05/09/07 06:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove 11 competitors. I went back for a second and third trial drive to make sure I was not just dazzled by the nifty style and, for sure, the performance was top notch. I purchased the Touring version. Safety features were a factor. I consider the 'blue tooth' a safety as well as a convenience factor. The third row seating is the most comfortable of all i tested. Grandchildren love the DVD and Bose system. Best auto purchase I ever made.

Fantastic Car!
By trish on 05/08/07 07:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car! I just bought it 2 days ago. I got the Touring edition with DVD system, nav system, power lift gate, keyless entry, roof rack. The WOW factor on this car is a 10!! All heads turn when this thing comes down the road. The drive is fabulous and smooth. I got the 18 inch wheels instead of the 20 inch. The ride is much smoother with the 18 inch. The selling point of this car is the third row, I am 5 foot 10 (tall mom) and I can sit in the third row with plenty of leg room to spare. Truly a clever stadium seating design back there. I am in love!! I highly recommend this car in all aspects. This is going to be a big seller here in the USA.

Worried
By Stacy on 05/06/07 23:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9, which is why I am so disappointed in its reliability. I don't know what is going on, but my CX-9 has 4,000 miles and it is in the shop for the second time. The first time the transmission went completely out and had to be replaced with 350 miles. It is now in the shop again for a leak in the transfer casing. I am concerned about keeping it (a bought it because I need a reliable car for my commute to college) but I really love my CX-9.

Excellent Value in CUV Race
By Sellstar1 on 05/06/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our Stormy Blue CX-9 GT is great! Turns heads all over town. Drives well both on the road and in town. Wife LOVES the bluetooth connection capability. Bose sound system is outstanding. Back seat (third row), while not used a lot, will come in handy for hauling around 7 year old's friends. I am particularly pleased with the handling of the vehicle. Going around corners in town the CX-9 demonstrates little body lean. Stops and starts just like you would expect a sporty ride to do. Would pay $32K for this over the Lexus, Infinity or Audi/VW and not fret at all! For now, will sit back and enjoy the ride!

Worried about the gas
By uzeus2 on 05/05/07 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new CX9 very much, however, I was silly to believe the 18/24 mpg. I have only filled up 2 times, but I am not getting anywhere near that, and that is one reason I leased a V6 from a V8. Other than that I am really happy with the car. It's very smooth. I read all the reviews and agree with the need for automatic door locks, and auto lights off. I drive with babies and a toddler and the fact that the doors do not auto lock is not good. Since it's obviously made to be a family car, they should have thought of that. You don't think about that when buying, and it's not a big enough reason NOT to get it!! It took me about 3 months of research!

Perfect Combo of Style, Size & Performance
By Johnny Mac on 05/04/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When you have to move up from smaller car (Subaru Outback) due to a growing family, this car has the perfect combo of size, versatility, styling, power and coolness! Very well designed, powerful, beautiful lines. Only drawback so far is fuel economy - in town only about 14-15 MPG, but 22 or so on our highway trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.