Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Great Car!
By Schnurpster

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We did an extensive search and compared the Acura, MBZ, GM lines, Toyota and Honda and the CX-9 was the clear winner. We are throughly enjoying the ride and convenience it offers. After driving a traditional SUV for 10 years, the Mazda is a welcome change. Interior space is excellent, access to and use of the third seat is easy and the ride is solid and fun. It also was a better value when compared to the other makers. In short, Mazda did a great job with this car!

The sliding middle seats and easy access to third row seats; smart key system; overall performance and handling of a full size CUV.

They could use an power outlet in rear center console to hook up DVDs etc.

Few niggles, but a good buy overall
By Andy

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got an attractive offer for one of the last '07 cars so went for it. Stylish interior, nice functionality (bluetooth, bose). Would have liked mp3 capability with stereo. Still unsure about the looks from the front, but looks great from rear. Keyless entry and engine start is cool but ultimately irritating. Felt exclusive initially, but now seeing more on the roads. Overall happy with the car, and excellent value for money.

Stereo is loud and clear (bose), cockpit has quality materials and leather, dash lighting on the GT is terrific.

Lose the keyless entry - it's ultimately annoying. Back doors are way too long, making it really difficult in parking lots. Could use more power (2008 model has the 3.7 which may help). Drops from 6th to 5th to easily on freeways. Lights-on bleep even when light are on auto (very annoying).

Lots of potential
By Marky

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle as a replacement for our 2005 MPV. Power and styling were the big draws for us. After 4,0000 miles, it's a fun vehicle to drive but it's starting to show some shortcomings. Two defects had to be corrected during pickup from the dealership and a rattle has developed in the dashboard. A recent snow storm revealed, unlike most FWD vehicles, it's terrible in the snow. The tires are the most likely suspect. Gas mileage is disappointing. The expert reviews and changes to the 2008 model indicate the vehicle my have been rushed into production.

Full side curtain airbags, dashboard display, shiftable automatic transmission, dual exhaust, rear seat functionality and space.

Mazda, please improve the gas mileage of your V6 engines! Better tires and quality control.

Big Zoom
By gbraxton

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to find a replacement for my MDX. After 5 months of denial, it came down to the new MDX (only in AWD and funny looking grille), the sluggish but gorgeous Enclave and Big Zoom. The CX-9 handled better and was a better value. After 3 weeks, there are things I miss about the MDX, but I am a very happy owner. Having an Acura and Lexus, my wife and I were apprehensive of Mazda but the MT SUV of the Year award and the many Mazdas we see now helped. Big Zoom is black on black GT FWD with GT assist package.

Leg room (length), sliding back seats, navi and Sirius, auto open rear hatch. Tight, athletic driving, "sittin' on 20s", mp3 feed. Regular gas! (saves $4-5 per fill up) FWD: AWD not necessary in south. Adjustable back seat.

No trip computer! This was standard on my 2002 MDX, not even offered by Mazda. They should offer as add-on for labor only. Center console squeezes front leg space: should pad it better. Homelink and dimming rearview should be standard in GT. Wood on steering wheel for GT.

Perfect Choice!
By Irene G. Miller

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is definitely fun to drive - don't even feel that it is an SUV. Smooth to drive and quiet motor.

I like that it came with the dvd player and bose system that entertains my kids and the entire family :) I was able to test the safety of this car (turn negative things to positive). I was hit bad on the front passenger side and my kids didn't feel a thing! I am so happy with my Mazda CX-9!

I don't want to change anything with my car!