Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Lots of potential
By Marky

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle as a replacement for our 2005 MPV. Power and styling were the big draws for us. After 4,0000 miles, it's a fun vehicle to drive but it's starting to show some shortcomings. Two defects had to be corrected during pickup from the dealership and a rattle has developed in the dashboard. A recent snow storm revealed, unlike most FWD vehicles, it's terrible in the snow. The tires are the most likely suspect. Gas mileage is disappointing. The expert reviews and changes to the 2008 model indicate the vehicle my have been rushed into production.

Full side curtain airbags, dashboard display, shiftable automatic transmission, dual exhaust, rear seat functionality and space.

Mazda, please improve the gas mileage of your V6 engines! Better tires and quality control.

Big Zoom
By gbraxton

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to find a replacement for my MDX. After 5 months of denial, it came down to the new MDX (only in AWD and funny looking grille), the sluggish but gorgeous Enclave and Big Zoom. The CX-9 handled better and was a better value. After 3 weeks, there are things I miss about the MDX, but I am a very happy owner. Having an Acura and Lexus, my wife and I were apprehensive of Mazda but the MT SUV of the Year award and the many Mazdas we see now helped. Big Zoom is black on black GT FWD with GT assist package.

Leg room (length), sliding back seats, navi and Sirius, auto open rear hatch. Tight, athletic driving, "sittin' on 20s", mp3 feed. Regular gas! (saves $4-5 per fill up) FWD: AWD not necessary in south. Adjustable back seat.

No trip computer! This was standard on my 2002 MDX, not even offered by Mazda. They should offer as add-on for labor only. Center console squeezes front leg space: should pad it better. Homelink and dimming rearview should be standard in GT. Wood on steering wheel for GT.

Perfect Choice!
By Irene G. Miller

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is definitely fun to drive - don't even feel that it is an SUV. Smooth to drive and quiet motor.

I like that it came with the dvd player and bose system that entertains my kids and the entire family :) I was able to test the safety of this car (turn negative things to positive). I was hit bad on the front passenger side and my kids didn't feel a thing! I am so happy with my Mazda CX-9!

I don't want to change anything with my car!

Great Car, Great Price!
By John

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As with others, my wife and I drove all the 6 + passenger CUVs. We wanted a car, not a van, which would carry at least 6 people comfortably and the CX-9 was the answer. We almost bought the MDX, but after one last visit and sitting in the 3rd row, our minds were made up. The CX-9 has everything, comfort, performance, looks and all the bells and whistles. We also wanted a car which would meet all of our needs, bluetooth a must, nav system, mp3 player, link to my iPod, separate temperature controls for front as well as back. Room in the back for 4 sets of golf clubs. The ride is superb and fun to drive. Just love this car. Test drive and you will be sold.

Nav system, bluetooth, stereo, back up camera, mp3 hook up, and the drive.

Was expecting better MPG, but it is a heavy vehicle.

Zoom-Zoom!
By rugmaven

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My CX-9 is certainly a solid, smooth driving vehicle. I've had it since April 07 and have discovered what an excellent vehicle I purchased. It handles on par with much sportier cars, has good power; pickup and corners unlike my expectations for a rather large, over 5,000 pound vehicle. The interior is understated, yet sleek and quietly upscale. The front seats do a fine job of keeping your backside centered even during hard cornering. The engine is powerful and smooth; mated to the six speed transmission, driving around town or on the highways is very pleasant.

Handling, styling and interior room.

Brakes need some work. During very hard braking they seem to not control the stop quick enough.