2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews 7

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Minivan for the Non Minivan Mom
By Robert

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at everything in a 7 passenger configuration, at the end we where left with the CX9, Honda Oddyssey, and Audi Q7. The Mazda beats them on almost every level. If this car had captains chairs it would have no comparison, not even the Acadia/Outlook.

Favorite Features

Key, AC system, look and feel. Big, without feeling like a big car. We had a BMX X3, and the ride is almost as fun, yet with a newborn and a 2 year old, there is no need for so much driving excitement.

Suggested Improvements

Auto locks (this is a family vehicle!), captains chairs.

Worth the Wait
By Happy Mom

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my CX-9 in April after a ton of research and numerous test drives of similar vehicles. Nothing compares for the money. Very happy with the smooth ride, look of the car, handling and comfort. All of the kids and their friends can easily fit into this car. Easy access to third row and plenty of trunk space even when 3rd row is occupied. Much more than my Mountaineer! Love, love, love the bluetooth feature! Bose stereo rocks as well. Most of all, love the cool look of the car. Nothing else like it and people notice it all of the time!

Favorite Features

Did I say I loved the bluetooth feature! :)

Suggested Improvements

Auto locks, more info on odometer (i.e. miles per gallon, etc.). Also, all models should have standard push button rear lift as well as rear sensors.

Awesome Crossover
By Tdeann

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our CX-9 GT! We have had it for 2 weeks, and love everything about it! It drives like a sports car, but has all the cargo space of an SUV. The leather seats are very comfortable, and all the controls are easy to use. It has a very high end feel inside, and out! It turns heads everywhere we go!

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, nav, easy controls, rear view camera, power open and close hatch, takes regular unleaded, styling inside and out!

Suggested Improvements

Roof rack should come standard.

Excellent - didn't need the minivan
By amcdad

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With 2 kids and occasional visiting parents we were looking at Odyssey or Sienna. But the cargo room, third row (parents fit comfortably), accessibility to third row (brilliant design) and excellent handling and power (for its size) of the CX-9 convinced us we could avoid the minivan. Two months later, we love it - it beats the the Pilot, the Highlander and the Acadia/Outlook. We got leather, DVD, NAV, 300 watt Bose, Sirius, and 20 inch wheels!

Favorite Features

Stereo is PHENOMENAL. Nav is pretty easy to use. Handling is good. Third row is actually VERY useful - and there is room behind it! All the necessary safety features are there. Very sharp interior on GT. Smart to put black floor carpet with the sand interior - less concern about dirt.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless start useless. MPG is lousy but you know that when you get a seven seater. Hoping the crash test scores are as good as the related Ford Edge. A few more interior cubbyholes would be nice. The ride is firm - the tradeoff for handling.

Awesome Car!
By Edge

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2003 Expedition and wanted something a little smaller with better handling/ride, but still needed the 3rd row seats. Looked at the Explorer, Pilot and Acadia but the CX-9 was in a different league when I test drove it. I'm very impressed with the CX-9 and feel I made the right decision.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, comfortable leather seats and excellent driving position, clean ergonomic control layout and gauges, quiet on highway.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Fun Family Hauler
By John

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an overall great vehicle. Performance-wise it handles like a smaller car, carves through a curvy road like it's on rails, engine seems mostly quiet (can barely hear it at idle) and gives off a nice growl with the pedal pushed down. The CX-9 feels sporty both inside and out and has just the right luxury touches. Looked at many competitors: MDX, Acadia, Outlook, Veracruz, etc., and the only one that came close to the feeling of the CX-9 was the MDX; however you would need to spend at least 8-10K more for the same features. I liked the Outlook but the overall driving feeling (Zoom, Zoom) wasn't there like with the CX-9. Performance and value make this car worth buying

Favorite Features

Sleek design, Bose stereo, nice tires and rims (GT), small on outside and big on the inside feeling, Bluetooth phone, nicely done interior, power liftgate, backup camera, Xenon headlights, iPod jack, 7 passenger seating, great performance, engine quiet. Cool key functionality. Build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Seems like controls (window, stereo, etc.) are just a hair out of your reach unless you are sitting real close, rough riding 20s on less than perfect roads, no trip computer, Steering wheel controls could be more functional, passenger seat should be able to be lowered, better gas mileage.

Head turner that does it all!!
By Great Vehicle

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a vehicle that got so much attention from other drivers; they are literally in awe. It rides great, handles fabulously and tows my boat better than my wife's Chevy Trailblazer. Vehicle has done everything I've asked from hauling 6 people, large patio furniture, and towing boat in excess of 2,500 lbs. Previous best vehicle was Honda Odyssey, however, I like the Mazda even better because of the extra horsepower. Bought this vehicle without my wife test driving; crazy move, however she loves it and boasts about it everytime we pass an Acadia or Honda Pilot.

Favorite Features

Good horsepower. Excellent towing ability. Lots of room for kids. Ride comfort more than adequate. DVD entertainment system has provided lots of silence from rear seats (kids love it!!). Chose this over full size truck due to ease of getting in and out for the kids.

Suggested Improvements

Head phones should be Bose, they are not and they are cheap. Broke one headset in first week. Auto door locks would be nice. Should have access via rear glass instead of having to open liftgate.

Great Car!
By BTownCX9

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our new CX-9. Handles well, has "Zoom-Zoom" and we can go to dinner with Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, AND baby all in the same car. I had to drop a friend off at the local Audi dealer to pick up his car from the repair shop, and all the salesmen in the lot came over to drool on my CX-9. They told me they thought it looked better than the Audi Q7 they were selling (I'll have to agree!). Not to mention it cost about $12,000 less for the same options. We love it - no complaints so far. Mazda hit a home run on this one.

Favorite Features

Great looks, instruments are intuitive and easy to use, the stereo ROCKS, it has great get-up-and-go. Third row is easy to fold down and stow.

Suggested Improvements

The CD player doesn't play MP3 CDs (you have to use the auxilliary jack hooked up to your portable MP3 player). The rear passenger doors are huge. I would also like a plastic cover for the cargo area to protect the cloth when the seats are folded down.

Best Minivan Ever
By sranger

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the AWD Grand Touring model and love the way it rides, drives and stops. I must have driven every other SUV/CUV on the market and this was my winner hands down. The Lincoln MKX was my second pick, but too expensive and it had poor braking ability. The interior is nicer than most 50K+ vehicles. The Bose sound system is excellent. Heating/cooling works great. Love the sun roof. Towing package seems to work well.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Handling and braking. Sounds system. Nice quiet smooth ride. I even like the exhaust sound under full throttle.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system is overly complicated. I have a Garmin Nuvii and it is far superior in just about every way. There should be a "MUTE" voice command since it replaces the mute button on the standard stereo (simple firmware update please!).

One fine Zoom Zoom SUV
By CJMS

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my CX-9 recently. The price you pay for the car makes it a great value. Bose sound system is great. The car is very quiet, pickup is good on the freeway. The advanced keyless system is a must.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, advanced keyless system, the stylish interior of all front and back row seats, and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to have a more cushioning on the steering wheel, a better floor carpet, and a bigger gearshifter.