2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Awesome Crossover
By Tdeann on 06/11/07 13:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our CX-9 GT! We have had it for 2 weeks, and love everything about it! It drives like a sports car, but has all the cargo space of an SUV. The leather seats are very comfortable, and all the controls are easy to use. It has a very high end feel inside, and out! It turns heads everywhere we go!

Excellent - didn't need the minivan
By amcdad on 06/09/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With 2 kids and occasional visiting parents we were looking at Odyssey or Sienna. But the cargo room, third row (parents fit comfortably), accessibility to third row (brilliant design) and excellent handling and power (for its size) of the CX-9 convinced us we could avoid the minivan. Two months later, we love it - it beats the the Pilot, the Highlander and the Acadia/Outlook. We got leather, DVD, NAV, 300 watt Bose, Sirius, and 20 inch wheels!

Awesome Car!
By Edge on 06/08/07 13:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2003 Expedition and wanted something a little smaller with better handling/ride, but still needed the 3rd row seats. Looked at the Explorer, Pilot and Acadia but the CX-9 was in a different league when I test drove it. I'm very impressed with the CX-9 and feel I made the right decision.

Fun Family Hauler
By John on 06/07/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an overall great vehicle. Performance-wise it handles like a smaller car, carves through a curvy road like it's on rails, engine seems mostly quiet (can barely hear it at idle) and gives off a nice growl with the pedal pushed down. The CX-9 feels sporty both inside and out and has just the right luxury touches. Looked at many competitors: MDX, Acadia, Outlook, Veracruz, etc., and the only one that came close to the feeling of the CX-9 was the MDX; however you would need to spend at least 8-10K more for the same features. I liked the Outlook but the overall driving feeling (Zoom, Zoom) wasn't there like with the CX-9. Performance and value make this car worth buying

Head turner that does it all!!
By Great Vehicle on 05/31/07 14:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a vehicle that got so much attention from other drivers; they are literally in awe. It rides great, handles fabulously and tows my boat better than my wife's Chevy Trailblazer. Vehicle has done everything I've asked from hauling 6 people, large patio furniture, and towing boat in excess of 2,500 lbs. Previous best vehicle was Honda Odyssey, however, I like the Mazda even better because of the extra horsepower. Bought this vehicle without my wife test driving; crazy move, however she loves it and boasts about it everytime we pass an Acadia or Honda Pilot.

Great Car!
By BTownCX9 on 05/31/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our new CX-9. Handles well, has "Zoom-Zoom" and we can go to dinner with Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, AND baby all in the same car. I had to drop a friend off at the local Audi dealer to pick up his car from the repair shop, and all the salesmen in the lot came over to drool on my CX-9. They told me they thought it looked better than the Audi Q7 they were selling (I'll have to agree!). Not to mention it cost about $12,000 less for the same options. We love it - no complaints so far. Mazda hit a home run on this one.

Best Minivan Ever
By sranger on 05/30/07 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the AWD Grand Touring model and love the way it rides, drives and stops. I must have driven every other SUV/CUV on the market and this was my winner hands down. The Lincoln MKX was my second pick, but too expensive and it had poor braking ability. The interior is nicer than most 50K+ vehicles. The Bose sound system is excellent. Heating/cooling works great. Love the sun roof. Towing package seems to work well.

One fine Zoom Zoom SUV
By CJMS on 05/28/07 14:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my CX-9 recently. The price you pay for the car makes it a great value. Bose sound system is great. The car is very quiet, pickup is good on the freeway. The advanced keyless system is a must.

Nice Ride
By tooold on 05/23/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just fun to drive. Feels light and quick. The 20" wheels cause a rather harsh ride, but it doesn't bother me. Extremely quiet. The advanced keyless system is in the same class as my first TV remote, color TV, and AC equipped car. I doubt that I will even consider a car that doesn't have it in the future. I put mine on a little lanyard that goes around my neck and I just drop it inside my shirt. The rain sensing wipers are also a very nice touch. I'm coming from a 2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali and I'm impressed with everything except the mileage. Mostly highway at 4000 ft elevation @ 82 mph yields about 18 mpg. Much better than the 6 liter Denali, but I was hoping for 20. Buy one!

I love this car
By StevePetro on 05/23/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just picked up a CX-9 GT AWD with navi and the power rear gate. I love this car. Coming from a minivan to this there is only one concern. Take some caution with the rear door. Kids who are used to sliding van doors like to swing open the large and wide back doors. If you have kids put on the child safety locks and open the doors for them. Other then that I love this car!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.