2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Loving my CX-9
By Kathy on 07/26/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at every 7 seater available, and decided on the CX-9. It was a great choice. It drives like a car but has the capacity for 7. Compared to all the others you couldn't beat the price. I've had numerous comments on it in the 3 weeks I've owned it. I expect to see a lot more out on the road soon.

Very Happy with Our Choice
By andrewtx on 07/24/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2003 Ford Expedition in which we were very disappointed for a 2007 CX-9. We immediately took it on a 1,600 mile trip. We averaged about 23 mpg on the highway (best individual fill up was 26.3 mpg). The performance of this vehicle is very impressive. It has the smoothest shifting automatic transmission I've ever seen. Pickup is impressive. The level of comfort was amazing. I'm 6'1" and usually suffer through long drives. However, a 12 hour (800 mile) drive in this vehicle was very comfortable. Lots of room for all our beach "stuff" with the 3rd seat folded down (umbrellas, cooler, beach chairs, etc). Even with all this stuff, we could still see out the rear window.

I compared the CX-9 to everything else
By 67stang on 07/22/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Edge, Lexus RX, Veracruz, and Enclave. The extra room in the rear of the CX-9 ultimately sealed the deal. Don't get me wrong, I love the way the CX-9 drives and its hip looks, but the family needed a little more room than the other SUVs that I test drove. If you get the CX-9 you will be very satisified!

CX-9 - nice crossover
By roman on 07/12/07 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the vehicle for about two weeks now and we love it. The ride is nice and comfortable, my wife and kids love it. We were strongly considering an MDX, but after test driving the CX-9 we fell in love with it. We got a Touring package which has similar options as a basic MDX, but 10K less. I think Mazda has done a great job with the exterior design of the CX-9.

Wow - this is FUN
By JerryO on 07/06/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new CX-9 for just 2 weeks but first impression is holy cow - how did they make a big SUV feel so much like my BMW 330 convertible?? Incredible, truly a driver's car. The ride is quiet, taut and responsive but I would not characterize it as harsh, as some others have felt. Just really sporty. Goes where you point it with almost no body roll or lean. I bought this to replace my excellent 04 Sienna XLE Ltd AWD, which was perfect for my radio control airplane hobby, requiring as it does, at least 9' of room for one of my big planes. The CX-9 easily handles this with the seats in the right configuration but drives and looks a million times better.

The best!!
By Jose Luis Carrasco on 07/05/07 13:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I tested Acura MDX, Veracruz, Pilot, Outlook and CX-9. The Zoom-Zoom is the best. Highly recommended.

A Mom Who Wanted Style with Room
By Laura on 07/03/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The process of finding the perfect vehicle was exhausting! We needed room for our family of 5, wanted better gas mileage than our Tahoe was giving us but did not want a minivan. We looked at the Lincoln MKX, BMW X-5, Volvo XC90, Acura MDX, none seemed worth the price. Then we test drove the CX-9 and fell in love with it. At nearly $6000 less and with nearly all the same options and even more exterior style, the Mazda was clearly the better choice. We love it.

Very Surprised.
By rvc on 06/28/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was very surprised when I drove the CX-9. The interior is very quiet and rides smooth. I am not an SUV/minivan person at all but I am very happy with my purchase. I traded my 2006 Acura TL for it because I needed more room. The features it has for the money makes it a no-brainer for me. It is very comfortable, and the Bose 5.1 surround is outstanding. Even better than the Acura's ELS 5.1. I got the nav, rear entertainment etc. The A/V jack and 115v AC outlet is a good idea and will prove to be useful! My kids love it and we are looking forward to going on a road trip. I think anyone looking for an SUV or CUV should look very hard at the CX-9 as the value is hard to beat.

Mazda CX-9 - NONE of the others compare.
By Tom T. on 06/22/07 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove 8 other crossovers that appealed to us. It came down to the Acadia and the CX-9. Value, handling, comfort and pick-up were the deciding factor. None of the others could come close to the CX-9. This car is something else. It's primarily my wife's car but I drive it every chance I get. I've been running a lot more errands, just to have an excuse to drive it. That's how fun this car is to drive. I've never had a car that turned so many heads, as well as gotten so many positive comments from perfect strangers. Handles like a sports-car, hauls like a minivan and looks like you paid $50k for it. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Minivan for the Non Minivan Mom
By Robert on 06/19/07 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at everything in a 7 passenger configuration, at the end we where left with the CX9, Honda Oddyssey, and Audi Q7. The Mazda beats them on almost every level. If this car had captains chairs it would have no comparison, not even the Acadia/Outlook.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.