Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Zoom ZOOM.. love my CX-9
By Jas J.

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I hesitatingly bought my first Mazda (CX-9) and I can honestly say it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It looks and drives better than any other vehicle I have owned previously. Looked at highlander, pathfinder and pilot. This one seemed like a no brainer. Looks like a luxury vehicle, feels like a luxury vehicle without the hurt of the price tag.

Great audio system, blue tooth is a must, touch screen navigation. 20" wheels, awesome attention to detail interior/exterior. Great for long road trips

Gas mileage is avg at best more storage. Would have liked to see the DVD available in the same set up as navigation screen.

Poor Interior Design
By Barbara

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 1st Mazda I've owned and after having a Honda Odyssey it will be the last Mazda I buy until they upgrade some of the features. It rides and handles well, however I do notice a big blind spot on the passenger side. The ALL red lights on the dash are cool at first but when you want to check time, temp, radio station and even looking at the speedometer all the numbers seem to blend in together and that's annoying. I can't believe that some different colors weren't used. I hope this review helps someone before you actually purchase this vehicle and are then disappointed.

The only good thing about the interior is the 3rd row of seats which someone can actually sit in. Also the fact that all the seats fold down for storage.

The carpet is like felt with some carpet fibers glued to it. There is no coin storage and more front storage is needed. Headlights should come on automatically at dusk. The fuel light is so tiny and again blends in so much that I have almost run out of gas several times. Gas mileage is terrible

Zoom gloom
By k1200gt

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At initial purchase all was good, however when it came to getting an appointment it was hard, CD player did not work from day one, they told me I stuck something in it. But on further inspection the opening for the CD was NEVER cut through. when I shut the car off the a/c fan comes on , when the car is off and I turn on the parking lights. Guess what, the a/c fan comes on. I press the remote for the doors, guess what comes on in unison.. yup the a/c fan and it will run for 5 min and up to 30 and has at times killed my battery. They said "we never heard of such a thing." Well I have proof in the shape of a CX9, also loud squeakiness as if it uses leaf springs from the 1950s wont buy another

Roomy.

Fix the electrical issues, fix the squeaky suspension a better, more durable paint job, more comfortable seats.

Has everything except storage
By allana6

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great, you get a lot for your money. It drives well, it handles the road, the interior room is great, the exterior looks great. I love this car, I have the blue mica with navi, bluetooth, roof rail etc, all the bells and whistles, the only thing lacking is storage. Little compartments are lacking, you end up putting everything in your cupholder and then having no place to put your cup. Aside from that, little things are not attached properly. something is always popping off and out of place, if it's not the seat belt holder, it's the cap for the lights on the trunk door. For a family car, you it should be built a little tougher. But all in all, a great buy, very pleased.

The wheels and rims, the bluetooth, the backup mirror, the 7 seats

More storage, navigation updated

Have now owned for 1 year
By Dan

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned my 07 CX-9 GT for 1 year - this review may be helpful for people buying/considering the 08. This is a terrific crossover SUV... very fun to drive, roomy, great- looking, great build quality, lots of features, even has pretty good gas mileage (I got 24.5 mpg on a long highway trip @ 70 mph last week; I get 18 mpg around town. I do try to drive gently, e.g. slow starts and stops). I did lots of homework before I bought and still see nothing on the market that compares. I have had great experiences with Mazdas and expect to be very happy with my CX-9 for a long time to come.

Handling, power, heated seats, Bose stereo, cargo room, controls, great- looking interior and exterior. Virtually everything looks, feels, fits, & works like it should, which is to say, often better than expected.

My one and only complaint is that the ride is a little stiff and choppy - I feel the bumps a little more than I'd like. That may be the price to pay for the great handling and/or the 20-inch wheels. I also wish (ok, 2nd complaint) that the compass and homelink mirror had been standard.