2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Great Car!
By Schnurpster on 12/29/07 11:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We did an extensive search and compared the Acura, MBZ, GM lines, Toyota and Honda and the CX-9 was the clear winner. We are throughly enjoying the ride and convenience it offers. After driving a traditional SUV for 10 years, the Mazda is a welcome change. Interior space is excellent, access to and use of the third seat is easy and the ride is solid and fun. It also was a better value when compared to the other makers. In short, Mazda did a great job with this car!

Few niggles, but a good buy overall
By Andy on 12/18/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got an attractive offer for one of the last '07 cars so went for it. Stylish interior, nice functionality (bluetooth, bose). Would have liked mp3 capability with stereo. Still unsure about the looks from the front, but looks great from rear. Keyless entry and engine start is cool but ultimately irritating. Felt exclusive initially, but now seeing more on the roads. Overall happy with the car, and excellent value for money.

Lots of potential
By Marky on 12/09/07 16:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle as a replacement for our 2005 MPV. Power and styling were the big draws for us. After 4,0000 miles, it's a fun vehicle to drive but it's starting to show some shortcomings. Two defects had to be corrected during pickup from the dealership and a rattle has developed in the dashboard. A recent snow storm revealed, unlike most FWD vehicles, it's terrible in the snow. The tires are the most likely suspect. Gas mileage is disappointing. The expert reviews and changes to the 2008 model indicate the vehicle my have been rushed into production.

Big Zoom
By gbraxton on 11/03/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to find a replacement for my MDX. After 5 months of denial, it came down to the new MDX (only in AWD and funny looking grille), the sluggish but gorgeous Enclave and Big Zoom. The CX-9 handled better and was a better value. After 3 weeks, there are things I miss about the MDX, but I am a very happy owner. Having an Acura and Lexus, my wife and I were apprehensive of Mazda but the MT SUV of the Year award and the many Mazdas we see now helped. Big Zoom is black on black GT FWD with GT assist package.

Perfect Choice!
By Irene G. Miller on 10/27/07 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is definitely fun to drive - don't even feel that it is an SUV. Smooth to drive and quiet motor.

Great Car, Great Price!
By John on 09/24/07 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As with others, my wife and I drove all the 6 + passenger CUVs. We wanted a car, not a van, which would carry at least 6 people comfortably and the CX-9 was the answer. We almost bought the MDX, but after one last visit and sitting in the 3rd row, our minds were made up. The CX-9 has everything, comfort, performance, looks and all the bells and whistles. We also wanted a car which would meet all of our needs, bluetooth a must, nav system, mp3 player, link to my iPod, separate temperature controls for front as well as back. Room in the back for 4 sets of golf clubs. The ride is superb and fun to drive. Just love this car. Test drive and you will be sold.

Zoom-Zoom!
By rugmaven on 09/22/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My CX-9 is certainly a solid, smooth driving vehicle. I've had it since April 07 and have discovered what an excellent vehicle I purchased. It handles on par with much sportier cars, has good power; pickup and corners unlike my expectations for a rather large, over 5,000 pound vehicle. The interior is understated, yet sleek and quietly upscale. The front seats do a fine job of keeping your backside centered even during hard cornering. The engine is powerful and smooth; mated to the six speed transmission, driving around town or on the highways is very pleasant.

Must-a-got-a-lemon
By eugene5 on 09/19/07 06:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Differential needed to be replaced at about 4,000 miles. Blue tooth stopped functioning at 9,000 miles. So far dealer has not figured out how to repair. First recall about same time for door checkers. Just waiting for the next problem. Unfortunate because it is quite a nice ride.

I love it
By bobbi on 09/11/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is more fun than I had expected. With touch screen audio, built in navigation and my favorite, the rearview camera, I feel like I'm in a spaceship. The kids love the Bose speakers and DVD package; the keyless entry and start make life so much easier for me when I'm on the go. My kids all have long legs and they fit comfortably in all seats including the third row, which is the very reason why I turned down other crossover vehicles, they had NO room. I feel like I'm driving in luxury without the luxury price. We love it.

Best SUV
By Zoom Zoom on 09/08/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is really nice vehicle. I drove it for the last 2 months and I love it. It has road presence and distinct design. Mazda did a good job in designing this SUV. Finally, there is an SUV which does not look like it was designed in 1945. The price counts too. Navigation systems, rear camera, keyless entry feature, power lift gate, rain sensor made this car absolute fun to drive and to own. If you can spend few more dollars on extra options it is definitely worth it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.