2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Horrible Struts, Bad Service, LEMON
By djtorch on 11/18/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are so many things I loved about the CX9. But, my gem turned into a LEMON. At mile 4000, I heard something fall off the car and it's been rattling ever since. The rattling was mixed in with excessive road noise. Later the two noises were joined by squeaking and creaking like an old wood ship on the high seas. I took the CX9 to Mazda service in Vallejo at least 10 times for this issue! I"m not kidding. They tried to repair it about 3-5 times. No Luck! They replace the control arm twice and the struts twice and it's rattling as loud as ever.

Mazda need improve quality.
By Gallego on 11/01/09 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years and 47K miles it is good SUV for family of 4. Hard to use the rear seats if you use car seats on both sides.

It survived the Dragon
By MikeM856 on 10/26/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this Car!! My wife and I bought a used 2007 GT this June as our future child-mobile. We have driven it all over the country in absolute comfort. As chance would have it we were in Tennessee at the Tail of the Dragon, and this CX-9 performed amazingly well. It took all of the turns beautifully. What a great car!! It fits seven adults or five and A LOT of gear. Great camping car. We looked at this and the Subaru Tribeca. In the end it wasn't even close. Highly recommended.

2007 cx9 is pretty fine
By Bill K. on 10/16/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the style and handling of the vehicle. We have not owned it long enuf to comment about reliability. my only complaint is the seats are too firm for my liking and the blinds spots are substantial.

CX-9 GT AWD AWESOME!!
By Luv2nou2 on 08/29/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this when it first came out, and was a bit hesitant as it was a new model for Mazda. It's now 3 years later and we have had NOT one problem mechanically or otherwise. This vehicle has truly been a dream to own, as vehicle headaches are exactly that...HEADACHES!! Every option from bluetooth to navigation to our awesome bose audio system works perfectly! Ride and response are excellent and I believe we will be purchasing another next summer, when our lease is up. If buying this used, I would recommend! turns head's even 3 years after release! People still ask us what we are driving!

Still fun to drive
By Road-runner on 04/16/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years, I still feel excited with the possibility of driving it on open roads. Try it on 8 hour-long journeys like we do and you will love it. The face of some "muscle" car drivers when we just wave them "good- bye" is a poem! Bose sound is for pros.

Accident
By SB Soccer mom on 04/11/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was hit on the passenger side by a someone who ran a red light. The impact was so hard it rolled my car. I walked away with only a sprain!! Highly recommend this vehicle for safety!! I will get another CX-9!

Still fun after 2 yrs.
By Yee Haw on 02/24/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Still has plenty of Zoom Zoom in it. Have had this as my primary vehical for two yrs and have not regretted one minute of it. Long trips (800+ miles one way) are a breeze. Hooked up a PS2 and the kids are happy. Head phones make Us happy, and the ride make everyone happy.

CX-9 2007 San Antonio
By CX-9 GT San Antonio on 02/11/09 22:23 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our CX-9 Grand Touring, is fun to drive. We love the headlights (wide range lighting) because it allows us to see everything and the interior lighting (especially the blue interior light in the dashboard)is a plus. We enjoy the navigation, satellite radio, touch screen, blue tooth, heated leather seats and comfort. We drove it to Yellowstone National Park, through the Rockies in Colorado and it was a smooth comfortable ride. We can fold down the seats for storage space in seconds to carry supplies and my daughter’s belongings to her dorm in Austin. I drive it to work and use my rear view camera to park. It rides on rails. We love the safety features and so does our insurance company

After 18 months, still a good car.
By Mick on 12/08/08 18:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had mine for 18 months now, 17,000 miles. Still love the ride, handling and versatility. Getting about 22 mpg on regular fuel with about a 60%/40% city/hwy mix. Love the extra row of seats... actually fit 7 adults without a problem this summer. The nav system is OK but some of the newer portable systems are better. I have towed my boat (towing pkg) a few times without any problems. Great in winter weather as far as driving, but this winter I have started to get a belt squeaking during cold mornings (below 35F). Overall still very impressed with this large SUV that drives like a much smaller vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.