Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Good car, poor service.
By veniero

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has served us well for three years now. There have been a few build quality issues, such as paint peeling and plastic parts falling off repeatedly. More importantly, Mazda service leaves a lot to be desired. We found out that the right front tie rod was damaged. The car has been in the repair shop for a week and Mazda has been unable to obtain the necessary parts! In the meanwhile, we have been responsible for the repair costs! The actual company has been very difficult to deal with. Based on this experience, this is likely to be our last Mazda vehicle.

Favorite Features

Roomy, drives well for size.

Suggested Improvements

Better attention to build quality.

Best In Class, Most Room for 7
By Tim

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This by far has been one of my favorite vehicles. Ditch the mini van fellas and reclaim your masculinity. Bose stereo rocks, crystal clear, ipdod jack, DVD entertainment, leather heated seats. Ride quality is very smooth, gliding on air. Lots of room with the 3rd row seat. Being 6'1 even I can ride back there comfortably. Go out and buy one. Bought ours used and saved lots of money. Actually have equity in this vehicle..they hold their value.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose stereo, good power

Suggested Improvements

give the actual average miles per gallon. Could work on improving gas mileage. Need the right tires for snow.

Beautiful, affordable, and fun!
By Luluza

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 46,800 miles. Runs and looks like a brand new car without having to pay the new car price. Totally happy with my choice of car after trying out the Chevy Acadia and the Nissan Pathfinder. It drives very nice and smooth. It's spacious but not overly big like some of the SUVs out there. I have the sport model which is the basic model but I love it because I don't need the leather seats or navigation system. It's pretty good on gas too. Not as bad as I thought.

Favorite Features

I love that is has a 3rd row and the black cloth looks very sharp.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, they are a little stiff.

Love it
By Carlover

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this SUV, minor changes and better quality i would ask, don`t get wrong is minor like door handles. Love the Bose, leather, blue tooth, zoom zoom power, rims, this SUV is great.

Favorite Features

Acceleration,Very comfortable for the Driver.Great audio system, blue tooth is a must, touch screen navigation. 20" wheels, awesome attention to detail interior/exterior. Great for long road trips. rear view camera.

Suggested Improvements

better quality (door handles)

Best Buy SUV
By jimev

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9. The best styling of any SUV out there PLUS it has a 3rd row! This is a lot of SUV for the at any price but especially for the money. I might trade this on in at 90K or maybe not. Not even a hint of any mechanical trouble so far. My son has been asking me to sell it to him when I finally get a new one. My main motivation to get a newer model would due to significant improvements in the HMI (GPS - Navigation, etc.) Maybe with Honda and Toyota having their issues Mazda will finally get the respect that they deserve.

Favorite Features

Proximity Key - love not to have to search for for my keys. Zoom - Zoom performance 3rd row seating - comfortable front - seats - 20" chrome wheels (just bought new Pirelli's for $113.00) and more - Strong Resale Value

Suggested Improvements

HMI - Navigation (GPS)& Bluetooth interface need work to truly be world class