2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Overall Best of the Bunch for this Class
By KAC on 03/31/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the GT AWD with Nav and rear Entertainment. Traded a loaded 04 Quest SE. Looked hard at the 07 MDX and GMC Arcadia. MDX is nice but price, size, styling didn't work for me. Arcadia, great looking vehicle and very comfortable but felt under-powered and lame on test drives. The Mazda is tight, very responsive for a 4,500 lb. car. The Nav system is nice but the touch screen is, ah touchy. The ride in the GT is stiff, seriously thinking of putting on smaller tires to improve comfort factor although 20 inch wheels look great but bumps are pronounced. Keyless thing is cool but still learning how to work it.

Almost Bought a Pilot
By so happy on 03/25/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the most beautiful CX-9: Liquid Platinum with Sand leather, AWD Grand Touring with NAV, Bose, Moonroof. I traded in a Honda Odyssey and was just about to buy the Pilot when I saw an ad for the CX-9 and decided to go "rule it out" at the dealer--I've never been a Mazda person. One drive and I was sold, the Pilot really doesn't compare if you want a car that turns heads while hauling the kids, groceries, and gear. The gas mileage so far has been about 16 around town. The AWD has a slightly grippy feel so if you don't need it, I'd stick with FWD for the slightly added pep and better fuel economy. If you are looking for a functional car with tons of style look no further!

Best in class
By jtwiss on 03/25/07 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I all most bought a GMC Acadia. The big difference from this crossover is the fit and finish and the bang for the buck. I noticed the attention to details like the leather padded doors to the LED backlighting on the doors. This list goes on. I also look at the Audi Q7 at $55k and for $20k less the Mazda is in the same class as the Audi. Why pay $20k grand more for the Audi? From the back and side they look very similar.

Fun to Drive
By percy98 on 03/23/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at the Infinity FX and Audi Q7 and decided the CX-9 was a much better value. Fully loaded, it was significantly less expensive than the other two vehicles. The handling is superb, brakes are great and headlights light up the whole road. Very fun to drive.

Fantastic Vehicle
By SandyF on 03/20/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The CX-9 is a wonderful departure from my long-standing SUV days. Smart styling,crisp handling, and all the bells and whistles that I could wish for. The AWD GT model is responsive, quiet, and refined. This crossover is a head-turner wherever I go. The cargo space is cavernous, especially if you have golf equipment rather than kids. After test-driving numerous crossover vehicles, I knew that the CX-9 stood head and shoulders above the competition after about 5 minutes on the highway.

Best SUV/CUV out there
By newmazda on 03/17/07 21:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving every car in this segment and comparing prices, the CX9 GT fully loaded with NAV and DVD is the best deal out there. There are other very nice 7 seaters out there, but this is the best overall package because of the interior design.

I love my CX9!
By JJ on 03/15/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW 3-series because it was giving me nothing but problems. As much as I love European cars, I just could not deal with the constant repairs once my car hit the 80,000 mile mark. I decided to trade my car in since it was still in good condition (after all repairs), now was the time! I was leaning towards getting a Lexus or Infiniti SUV, but noticed the Mazda. I am so happy that I got the CX-9 because it was thousands cheaper and still fully loaded. I love the 19-inch stock rims, dual exhaust chrome pipes, the interior is so spacious, and I feel so safe. This car is a great combo of the 2 SUVs I originally wanted to, so now I have the best of both worlds...but even better!

pleasant surprise
By mph 120 on 03/15/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle without any reviews available. So far pleasantly surprised. With 6 members in our family and several ski trips to Vermont yearly, this vehicle fit the bill. Well designed interior, with large rear doors to easily access third row seating. No OEM roof rack available at time of sale is a major error for an SUV.

Brand New Off the Truck
By Al on 03/15/07 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the vehicle a week ago. Only a couple of minor issues. The wireless headphones are a little flimsy. I have to get one replaced. People will occasionally hit their head when getting into the front seat. Went from a 2002 Ford Explorer to a 2007 Mazda CX9 w/ tow and entertainment package. Ran just a little over $35,000 for it. Kids love the DVD player and us parents do too. All I here now is laughter out of the back seat. Lot's of great comments about the car.

CX-9 AWD Grand Touring AWESOME!
By luv2nou2 on 03/13/07 02:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far everything is fantastic. Quality and fit and finish of the grand touring is amazing! 20" Wheels, Wood/metal interior trim and blue interior glow at night is amazing. Love the gauges and colors at night (like some futuristic automobile). Mazda did some nice stuff in this vehicle. Hands free voice activated phone and navi system. Two tone heated leather seating. Fuel economy not bad for this size vehicle (about 18 mpg). Sound system sounds terrific. So far a lot of heads turning and people asking if "Is that really a Mazda?" LOL

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.