Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Happy Already
By Glenview

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle - comfortable, good handling and stylish. Passengers report all seats are comfortable, even third seat although it's better for short trips. Nice features and trim for the price range. We are having a lot of fun with it and hope it will prove to be a reliable vehicle that we can drive for many years to come.

Overall styling and the blue tooth integration are my favs.

Couple of minor ones: additional lights in cargo area, hard to see with 3rd seat up. Better placement of rear camera, view is odd. You should not be able to turn off the ignition switch (with smart key) while car in gear. Gas mileage could be better.

Zoom This!
By You Need It Folks!

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove them all. I spent an entire week-end fighting off sales people until I came upon the Mazda CX-9 and I went looking for the sales person. What an incredibly beautiful automobile. I never considered Mazda in the past but they have my attention now. This car has it all and is less expensive than the over-blown German cars. I wanted to go American this time and came close with Ford Edge but Mazda beat it and all the others hands down. You won't have buyers remorse with this one folks.

Bose sound with lots of tappy toe. Steering wheel controls, bluetooth, MP3 connection, two tone leather seats and DVD to keep the kids quiet for miles and miles.

Increase gas mileage but if it didn't happen, I would still buy this vehicle.

Terrific car!
By Bob

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great bang for the buck with the CX-9. We looked at everything out there, and kept coming back to the Mazda. Have 16K on the car in five months, including several long road trips. Superior performance and handling, including in the twisties in the high mountains. Comfortable after several wheel hours. Head-turning design. Very nice interior, with the two tone leather. Ride is rough with the 20 inch wheels, and I've never really been a fan of Bridgestone tires, but at the moment, they're the only vendor for this size tire.

Rear view camera is superb and should be required on all SUV/vans. Very roomy and comfortable in all seating positions, even third row for smaller adults or kids. Front door bottle pockets and deep cupholders! First nav system we've had, and although we like it, programming is a bit cumbersome.

Needs trip computer. Mileage mediocre. Cargo cover too big to stow inside vehicle (duh!). Rear window collects dirt, spoiler does not help. Carpets are cheap! Better warranty. Door mirrors on memory. Sunroof small. Need bodyside protection. Gas cap needs holder to keep from banging the paint.

Glad we waited
By dmssksan

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I started researching SUVs and crossovers 6 months ago and test drove the Lexus, Audi and BMW. The CX-9 was the last vehicle I drove and hands down it was the best. Mazda has really given us a beatuiful and smooth vehicle to drive. All the other car manufacturers should look at the CX-9 as a role model.

Best designed crossover, very comfortable, and my son loves the roomy third row seating.

Needs to have better gas mileage, but so do the other SUVs.

Analysis of CX9 Mazda
By Bill Rasmussen

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been a real pleasure to drive. I especially like its power and the handling aspects of it. It is very easy to handle out on the open road. I have had many people comment to me how this is a good looking vehicle.

The ease of getting in and out of the vehicle and moving of the seats. Also, the steering wheel controls are a very good feature. Comfort in the interior is excellent.

Cupholder in front is very deep and this makes it hard to put a cup of coffee in there. Also, the cupholder cannot be removed for cleaning purposes. Vehicle I owned before (Olds Bravada) had the average fuel economy and also the direction I was driving. The Mazda does not offer this.