Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Cx-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Glad we waited
By dmssksan

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I started researching SUVs and crossovers 6 months ago and test drove the Lexus, Audi and BMW. The CX-9 was the last vehicle I drove and hands down it was the best. Mazda has really given us a beatuiful and smooth vehicle to drive. All the other car manufacturers should look at the CX-9 as a role model.

Favorite Features

Best designed crossover, very comfortable, and my son loves the roomy third row seating.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to have better gas mileage, but so do the other SUVs.

Analysis of CX9 Mazda
By Bill Rasmussen

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been a real pleasure to drive. I especially like its power and the handling aspects of it. It is very easy to handle out on the open road. I have had many people comment to me how this is a good looking vehicle.

Favorite Features

The ease of getting in and out of the vehicle and moving of the seats. Also, the steering wheel controls are a very good feature. Comfort in the interior is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder in front is very deep and this makes it hard to put a cup of coffee in there. Also, the cupholder cannot be removed for cleaning purposes. Vehicle I owned before (Olds Bravada) had the average fuel economy and also the direction I was driving. The Mazda does not offer this.

A tall-roomy sports sedan
By LSRHAR

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new CX-9 for about a month and canít say enough good things about it. This rather large vehicle handles like a sports sedan. I have a Lincoln MKZ and I think the Mazda CX-9 is every bit as good in every respect. The ride is quiet, taut with little lean in the curves. No blind spots looking aft Ė the view through the back doors is like looking through a picture window. The CX-9 has already drawn over a couple of my neighbors with lots of questions and favorable comments. In short, Iím a very happy camper especially when you compare the cost of the Mazda CX-9 to a comparable Audi or Acura of equal size and equipment - $1,000s LESS.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth auto transmission with a manual override, responsive handling, eye catching good looks, bluetooth cell phone connection and tons of flexable cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose stereo is awesome but it should also play MP3 formatted disks. Would like display to have avg MPG and miles to empty like my MKZ.

Great SUV for the money!!!
By Harry

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had CX-9 Grand Touring for over four months now and I have absolutely no complaints. Well designed, great performance, practical in every way and attractive to boot! I researched this vehicle and others for over five months not wanting to make a mistake that I had to live with. So glad I bought the CX-9... this car kicks!!

Favorite Features

Convenient dash board and all the amenities you need in an SUV or car! Bluetooth phone system is reliable and easy to use, stereo and entertainment system is top shelf supported by a Bose system.

Suggested Improvements

With the 20 inch sport wheels the ride can be a little firm on rough or semi rough roads but the handling you get for this size vehicle is remarkable!

Family Man's Option to the Minivan
By Johnny B.

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has performed beyond our expectations. The interior/exterior is well designed and build quality is supreme. No performance issues while passing or cruising up the mountain passes here in the Pacific Northwest. The 3 rows of seats pampers 6 full sized adults or 4 adults and 3 kids. Gas mileage has been as expected (17-19 mpg) in a vehicle with 263 hp and 249 ft-lbs of torque. Test drive one of the AWD Touring models on a road with some curves... you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Features

Roominess, handling and power are supreme!

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would change are the rear seatbelt receivers. They tend to wander behind booster seats.