Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Terrific car!
By Bob

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great bang for the buck with the CX-9. We looked at everything out there, and kept coming back to the Mazda. Have 16K on the car in five months, including several long road trips. Superior performance and handling, including in the twisties in the high mountains. Comfortable after several wheel hours. Head-turning design. Very nice interior, with the two tone leather. Ride is rough with the 20 inch wheels, and I've never really been a fan of Bridgestone tires, but at the moment, they're the only vendor for this size tire.

Rear view camera is superb and should be required on all SUV/vans. Very roomy and comfortable in all seating positions, even third row for smaller adults or kids. Front door bottle pockets and deep cupholders! First nav system we've had, and although we like it, programming is a bit cumbersome.

Needs trip computer. Mileage mediocre. Cargo cover too big to stow inside vehicle (duh!). Rear window collects dirt, spoiler does not help. Carpets are cheap! Better warranty. Door mirrors on memory. Sunroof small. Need bodyside protection. Gas cap needs holder to keep from banging the paint.

Glad we waited
By dmssksan

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I started researching SUVs and crossovers 6 months ago and test drove the Lexus, Audi and BMW. The CX-9 was the last vehicle I drove and hands down it was the best. Mazda has really given us a beatuiful and smooth vehicle to drive. All the other car manufacturers should look at the CX-9 as a role model.

Best designed crossover, very comfortable, and my son loves the roomy third row seating.

Needs to have better gas mileage, but so do the other SUVs.

Analysis of CX9 Mazda
By Bill Rasmussen

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been a real pleasure to drive. I especially like its power and the handling aspects of it. It is very easy to handle out on the open road. I have had many people comment to me how this is a good looking vehicle.

The ease of getting in and out of the vehicle and moving of the seats. Also, the steering wheel controls are a very good feature. Comfort in the interior is excellent.

Cupholder in front is very deep and this makes it hard to put a cup of coffee in there. Also, the cupholder cannot be removed for cleaning purposes. Vehicle I owned before (Olds Bravada) had the average fuel economy and also the direction I was driving. The Mazda does not offer this.

A tall-roomy sports sedan
By LSRHAR

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new CX-9 for about a month and canít say enough good things about it. This rather large vehicle handles like a sports sedan. I have a Lincoln MKZ and I think the Mazda CX-9 is every bit as good in every respect. The ride is quiet, taut with little lean in the curves. No blind spots looking aft Ė the view through the back doors is like looking through a picture window. The CX-9 has already drawn over a couple of my neighbors with lots of questions and favorable comments. In short, Iím a very happy camper especially when you compare the cost of the Mazda CX-9 to a comparable Audi or Acura of equal size and equipment - $1,000s LESS.

Silky smooth auto transmission with a manual override, responsive handling, eye catching good looks, bluetooth cell phone connection and tons of flexable cargo space.

The Bose stereo is awesome but it should also play MP3 formatted disks. Would like display to have avg MPG and miles to empty like my MKZ.

Great SUV for the money!!!
By Harry

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had CX-9 Grand Touring for over four months now and I have absolutely no complaints. Well designed, great performance, practical in every way and attractive to boot! I researched this vehicle and others for over five months not wanting to make a mistake that I had to live with. So glad I bought the CX-9... this car kicks!!

Convenient dash board and all the amenities you need in an SUV or car! Bluetooth phone system is reliable and easy to use, stereo and entertainment system is top shelf supported by a Bose system.

With the 20 inch sport wheels the ride can be a little firm on rough or semi rough roads but the handling you get for this size vehicle is remarkable!