2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews 10

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Wow and fun to drive
By upland on 04/10/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were considering other SUVs & crossovers such as the Murano & Acadia & CX7 & XC70. Have been in a Volvo V70 with 3d row seat for the last 250,000 miles and was looking for another dependable vehicle, but something a little bigger and one with a higher ride height. Well, we found it in the CX-9. We looked at all trim levels and decided on the GT AWD in Pearl White & Sand Interior. The Bose sounds as good as most after market thumper stereos. The CX-9 drives as good as it looks. The fit and finish is as good any other vehicle we considered. From the side view it looks like a lot of other mid-sized SUVs, especially the Lexus. We've driven it a month now, and we love it.

Bye bye minivan
By hernandez fam on 04/04/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a minivan for six years more than anything for the space. With two kids' car seats plus grandma, we certainly use all the space. We looked at everything out there but for the money we could not find more space and comfort. Wwe love the ride and all the features in it. Mazda has put out an awsome crossover. Thank you.

Overall Best of the Bunch for this Class
By KAC on 03/31/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got the GT AWD with Nav and rear Entertainment. Traded a loaded 04 Quest SE. Looked hard at the 07 MDX and GMC Arcadia. MDX is nice but price, size, styling didn't work for me. Arcadia, great looking vehicle and very comfortable but felt under-powered and lame on test drives. The Mazda is tight, very responsive for a 4,500 lb. car. The Nav system is nice but the touch screen is, ah touchy. The ride in the GT is stiff, seriously thinking of putting on smaller tires to improve comfort factor although 20 inch wheels look great but bumps are pronounced. Keyless thing is cool but still learning how to work it.

Almost Bought a Pilot
By so happy on 03/25/07 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the most beautiful CX-9: Liquid Platinum with Sand leather, AWD Grand Touring with NAV, Bose, Moonroof. I traded in a Honda Odyssey and was just about to buy the Pilot when I saw an ad for the CX-9 and decided to go "rule it out" at the dealer--I've never been a Mazda person. One drive and I was sold, the Pilot really doesn't compare if you want a car that turns heads while hauling the kids, groceries, and gear. The gas mileage so far has been about 16 around town. The AWD has a slightly grippy feel so if you don't need it, I'd stick with FWD for the slightly added pep and better fuel economy. If you are looking for a functional car with tons of style look no further!

Best in class
By jtwiss on 03/25/07 09:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I all most bought a GMC Acadia. The big difference from this crossover is the fit and finish and the bang for the buck. I noticed the attention to details like the leather padded doors to the LED backlighting on the doors. This list goes on. I also look at the Audi Q7 at $55k and for $20k less the Mazda is in the same class as the Audi. Why pay $20k grand more for the Audi? From the back and side they look very similar.

Fun to Drive
By percy98 on 03/23/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at the Infinity FX and Audi Q7 and decided the CX-9 was a much better value. Fully loaded, it was significantly less expensive than the other two vehicles. The handling is superb, brakes are great and headlights light up the whole road. Very fun to drive.

Fantastic Vehicle
By SandyF on 03/20/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The CX-9 is a wonderful departure from my long-standing SUV days. Smart styling,crisp handling, and all the bells and whistles that I could wish for. The AWD GT model is responsive, quiet, and refined. This crossover is a head-turner wherever I go. The cargo space is cavernous, especially if you have golf equipment rather than kids. After test-driving numerous crossover vehicles, I knew that the CX-9 stood head and shoulders above the competition after about 5 minutes on the highway.

Best SUV/CUV out there
By newmazda on 03/17/07 21:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving every car in this segment and comparing prices, the CX9 GT fully loaded with NAV and DVD is the best deal out there. There are other very nice 7 seaters out there, but this is the best overall package because of the interior design.

I love my CX9!
By JJ on 03/15/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW 3-series because it was giving me nothing but problems. As much as I love European cars, I just could not deal with the constant repairs once my car hit the 80,000 mile mark. I decided to trade my car in since it was still in good condition (after all repairs), now was the time! I was leaning towards getting a Lexus or Infiniti SUV, but noticed the Mazda. I am so happy that I got the CX-9 because it was thousands cheaper and still fully loaded. I love the 19-inch stock rims, dual exhaust chrome pipes, the interior is so spacious, and I feel so safe. This car is a great combo of the 2 SUVs I originally wanted to, so now I have the best of both worlds...but even better!

pleasant surprise
By mph 120 on 03/15/07 14:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle without any reviews available. So far pleasantly surprised. With 6 members in our family and several ski trips to Vermont yearly, this vehicle fit the bill. Well designed interior, with large rear doors to easily access third row seating. No OEM roof rack available at time of sale is a major error for an SUV.