2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Best Buy SUV
By jimev on 04/09/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9. The best styling of any SUV out there PLUS it has a 3rd row! This is a lot of SUV for the at any price but especially for the money. I might trade this on in at 90K or maybe not. Not even a hint of any mechanical trouble so far. My son has been asking me to sell it to him when I finally get a new one. My main motivation to get a newer model would due to significant improvements in the HMI (GPS - Navigation, etc.) Maybe with Honda and Toyota having their issues Mazda will finally get the respect that they deserve.

CX-9 Long Term Review
By ThatGuyFromOhio on 02/17/10 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our CX-9 GT AWD for nearly 3 years and it is a great people mover that is still fun to drive. It has maybe the best 3rd row access in the whole segment. The styling is great (with the 20" wheels). Looks better with the roof rack too. When I bought it had the Ford engine, and it has worked perfectly. The gearbox is smooth and the ride is still nice and tight. Only after two years have some little things (small plastic interior pieces) have come loose. But overall a great car that seats seven with a lot of flexibility. The mileage could always be better, but I can't complain, it is a big truck that has some go to it. My biggest issue now is do I get a newer one in 6 months

Mazda need improve quality.
By Gallego on 11/01/09 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years and 47K miles it is good SUV for family of 4. Hard to use the rear seats if you use car seats on both sides.

It survived the Dragon
By MikeM856 on 10/26/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this Car!! My wife and I bought a used 2007 GT this June as our future child-mobile. We have driven it all over the country in absolute comfort. As chance would have it we were in Tennessee at the Tail of the Dragon, and this CX-9 performed amazingly well. It took all of the turns beautifully. What a great car!! It fits seven adults or five and A LOT of gear. Great camping car. We looked at this and the Subaru Tribeca. In the end it wasn't even close. Highly recommended.

Accident
By SB Soccer mom on 04/11/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was hit on the passenger side by a someone who ran a red light. The impact was so hard it rolled my car. I walked away with only a sprain!! Highly recommend this vehicle for safety!! I will get another CX-9!

Still fun after 2 yrs.
By Yee Haw on 02/24/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Still has plenty of Zoom Zoom in it. Have had this as my primary vehical for two yrs and have not regretted one minute of it. Long trips (800+ miles one way) are a breeze. Hooked up a PS2 and the kids are happy. Head phones make Us happy, and the ride make everyone happy.

Love It
By ZoomZoom on 09/27/08 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda CX-9 for a year now. My husband and I both love this car. I have owned many cars and this 1 is the best by far. We have 5 teenagers at home and have taken them on road-trips in this car. The interior room is fantastic. After years of mini-vans, I am thrilled to have a sporty car that is fun to drive. I have had no problems with this car at all.

Has everything except storage
By allana6 on 05/16/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great, you get a lot for your money. It drives well, it handles the road, the interior room is great, the exterior looks great. I love this car, I have the blue mica with navi, bluetooth, roof rail etc, all the bells and whistles, the only thing lacking is storage. Little compartments are lacking, you end up putting everything in your cupholder and then having no place to put your cup. Aside from that, little things are not attached properly. something is always popping off and out of place, if it's not the seat belt holder, it's the cap for the lights on the trunk door. For a family car, you it should be built a little tougher. But all in all, a great buy, very pleased.

Have now owned for 1 year
By Dan on 04/25/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned my 07 CX-9 GT for 1 year - this review may be helpful for people buying/considering the 08. This is a terrific crossover SUV... very fun to drive, roomy, great- looking, great build quality, lots of features, even has pretty good gas mileage (I got 24.5 mpg on a long highway trip @ 70 mph last week; I get 18 mpg around town. I do try to drive gently, e.g. slow starts and stops). I did lots of homework before I bought and still see nothing on the market that compares. I have had great experiences with Mazdas and expect to be very happy with my CX-9 for a long time to come.

SUV of the year
By PB on 01/03/08 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best SUV that I have ever owned. The 6 speed is as smooth as a high end luxury car and the car never fails to find the perfect gear. I am thankful for the gear indicator in the gauges because sometimes you have no idea what gear you are in because the shifting is so smooth; even at high speeds and acceleration. It's quick, comfortable and fun to drive. The bluetooth is great and works well. The 20 inch wheels perform great in the mountains but the ride is bumpy in everyday driving due to the smaller side walls in these larger tires. Tight turning radius makes for easy maneuverability. The keyless entry and ignition work well and is a must have. Very easy to access 3rd row

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.