Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

2007 cx9 is pretty fine
By Bill K.

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the style and handling of the vehicle. We have not owned it long enuf to comment about reliability. my only complaint is the seats are too firm for my liking and the blinds spots are substantial.

sleek look. nice colors and trim. i like the big rear doors even though they have been criticized.

climate control is too controlling! make it simple for us dummies. rear fan comes on all the time and can't shut it off. softer seats.

Still fun to drive
By Road-runner

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years, I still feel excited with the possibility of driving it on open roads. Try it on 8 hour-long journeys like we do and you will love it. The face of some "muscle" car drivers when we just wave them "good- bye" is a poem! Bose sound is for pros.

Acceleration, even fully loaded with our 4-bike 2" hitch rack; passenger and cargo space. Exterior design is still look-drawing now that Mazda released their new 6 (that resembles both CX-7 & 9)

Possible built issue: there is a squeaky noise under driver's seat. Sterling wheel sound controls could include a shifting CD feature

Poor Interior Design
By Barbara

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 1st Mazda I've owned and after having a Honda Odyssey it will be the last Mazda I buy until they upgrade some of the features. It rides and handles well, however I do notice a big blind spot on the passenger side. The ALL red lights on the dash are cool at first but when you want to check time, temp, radio station and even looking at the speedometer all the numbers seem to blend in together and that's annoying. I can't believe that some different colors weren't used. I hope this review helps someone before you actually purchase this vehicle and are then disappointed.

The only good thing about the interior is the 3rd row of seats which someone can actually sit in. Also the fact that all the seats fold down for storage.

The carpet is like felt with some carpet fibers glued to it. There is no coin storage and more front storage is needed. Headlights should come on automatically at dusk. The fuel light is so tiny and again blends in so much that I have almost run out of gas several times. Gas mileage is terrible

Zoom gloom
By k1200gt

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At initial purchase all was good, however when it came to getting an appointment it was hard, CD player did not work from day one, they told me I stuck something in it. But on further inspection the opening for the CD was NEVER cut through. when I shut the car off the a/c fan comes on , when the car is off and I turn on the parking lights. Guess what, the a/c fan comes on. I press the remote for the doors, guess what comes on in unison.. yup the a/c fan and it will run for 5 min and up to 30 and has at times killed my battery. They said "we never heard of such a thing." Well I have proof in the shape of a CX9, also loud squeakiness as if it uses leaf springs from the 1950s wont buy another

Roomy.

Fix the electrical issues, fix the squeaky suspension a better, more durable paint job, more comfortable seats.

I love my CX-9
By debbiejay

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped and shopped for an SUV to replace my old Windstar. I rented several for extended test drives including CX-9 and Highlander. I "borrowed" a Honda Pilot for several hours from a dealer too. The CX-9 has all of the features I wanted, the best looks, and decent gas mileage (at least comparable for its class). Very high quality fit and finish and a great interior layout compared to the others.

The heated, leather seats and the copper red paint color.

Include auto headlamps and trip computer in Touring models.