Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Best Buy SUV
By jimev

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9. The best styling of any SUV out there PLUS it has a 3rd row! This is a lot of SUV for the at any price but especially for the money. I might trade this on in at 90K or maybe not. Not even a hint of any mechanical trouble so far. My son has been asking me to sell it to him when I finally get a new one. My main motivation to get a newer model would due to significant improvements in the HMI (GPS - Navigation, etc.) Maybe with Honda and Toyota having their issues Mazda will finally get the respect that they deserve.

Favorite Features

Proximity Key - love not to have to search for for my keys. Zoom - Zoom performance 3rd row seating - comfortable front - seats - 20" chrome wheels (just bought new Pirelli's for $113.00) and more - Strong Resale Value

Suggested Improvements

HMI - Navigation (GPS)& Bluetooth interface need work to truly be world class

CX-9 Long Term Review
By ThatGuyFromOhio

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our CX-9 GT AWD for nearly 3 years and it is a great people mover that is still fun to drive. It has maybe the best 3rd row access in the whole segment. The styling is great (with the 20" wheels). Looks better with the roof rack too. When I bought it had the Ford engine, and it has worked perfectly. The gearbox is smooth and the ride is still nice and tight. Only after two years have some little things (small plastic interior pieces) have come loose. But overall a great car that seats seven with a lot of flexibility. The mileage could always be better, but I can't complain, it is a big truck that has some go to it. My biggest issue now is do I get a newer one in 6 months

Favorite Features

Driving Dynamics, Looks, Interior Space, Third Row is usable for Adults and it is easy to get in/out. Smart Keys are nice.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable Seat Heaters, Heated Steering Wheel, Make Homelink Standard, Make rear entertainment cheaper and available with sunroof.

Mazda need improve quality.
By Gallego

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years and 47K miles it is good SUV for family of 4. Hard to use the rear seats if you use car seats on both sides.

Favorite Features

Engine power, road performance, brakes, acceleration, sound system Bose.

Suggested Improvements

Noise in the front suspension, poor audio quality when use bluetooth, air leak on windowns at high speed, brakes vibration when used at high speed, click noise in transmission (see reviews about all these complaints). Better tires and traction control when snowing or road wet, easy to loose control

It survived the Dragon
By MikeM856

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this Car!! My wife and I bought a used 2007 GT this June as our future child-mobile. We have driven it all over the country in absolute comfort. As chance would have it we were in Tennessee at the Tail of the Dragon, and this CX-9 performed amazingly well. It took all of the turns beautifully. What a great car!! It fits seven adults or five and A LOT of gear. Great camping car. We looked at this and the Subaru Tribeca. In the end it wasn't even close. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration (for an SUV), reliability, comfort, Bose stereo, Bluetooth phone. Price, an excellent value for the money. Just about everything really.

Suggested Improvements

I think that some of the materials inside the cabin could have been a little better quality. Some of the door hardware is starting to squeak. Overall most issues are minor complaints considering other SUV's in its price range.

Accident
By SB Soccer mom

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was hit on the passenger side by a someone who ran a red light. The impact was so hard it rolled my car. I walked away with only a sprain!! Highly recommend this vehicle for safety!! I will get another CX-9!

Favorite Features

Very roomy, huge backseat!