2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
2007 cx9 is pretty fine
By Bill K. on 10/16/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the style and handling of the vehicle. We have not owned it long enuf to comment about reliability. my only complaint is the seats are too firm for my liking and the blinds spots are substantial.

Still fun to drive
By Road-runner on 04/16/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 2 years, I still feel excited with the possibility of driving it on open roads. Try it on 8 hour-long journeys like we do and you will love it. The face of some "muscle" car drivers when we just wave them "good- bye" is a poem! Bose sound is for pros.

Poor Interior Design
By Barbara on 07/23/08 14:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 1st Mazda I've owned and after having a Honda Odyssey it will be the last Mazda I buy until they upgrade some of the features. It rides and handles well, however I do notice a big blind spot on the passenger side. The ALL red lights on the dash are cool at first but when you want to check time, temp, radio station and even looking at the speedometer all the numbers seem to blend in together and that's annoying. I can't believe that some different colors weren't used. I hope this review helps someone before you actually purchase this vehicle and are then disappointed.

Zoom gloom
By k1200gt on 07/10/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At initial purchase all was good, however when it came to getting an appointment it was hard, CD player did not work from day one, they told me I stuck something in it. But on further inspection the opening for the CD was NEVER cut through. when I shut the car off the a/c fan comes on , when the car is off and I turn on the parking lights. Guess what, the a/c fan comes on. I press the remote for the doors, guess what comes on in unison.. yup the a/c fan and it will run for 5 min and up to 30 and has at times killed my battery. They said "we never heard of such a thing." Well I have proof in the shape of a CX9, also loud squeakiness as if it uses leaf springs from the 1950s wont buy another

I love my CX-9
By debbiejay on 02/14/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped and shopped for an SUV to replace my old Windstar. I rented several for extended test drives including CX-9 and Highlander. I "borrowed" a Honda Pilot for several hours from a dealer too. The CX-9 has all of the features I wanted, the best looks, and decent gas mileage (at least comparable for its class). Very high quality fit and finish and a great interior layout compared to the others.

Absolutely love it
By frank on 05/15/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It came down to an Odyssey, Sienna, or the CX-9. Drove the Odyssey for a week, and the CX-9 for a week, no comparison. Had to take a trip to Nashville, smooth, powerful, no road noise. Got the entertainment DVD for the kids, and didn't realize I got the Bose sound system with it, AWESOME SOUND. The step up to the touring trim gets the leather, and I got black on black. Best looking vehicle I've ever owned. People stop and ask "what is that?" Did not know I could not add the towing package as later an option. Without the package, you are limited to 2000 lbs. With it, 3500 lbs.

Mazda CX-9
By Faye Whiddon on 05/09/07 06:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove 11 competitors. I went back for a second and third trial drive to make sure I was not just dazzled by the nifty style and, for sure, the performance was top notch. I purchased the Touring version. Safety features were a factor. I consider the 'blue tooth' a safety as well as a convenience factor. The third row seating is the most comfortable of all i tested. Grandchildren love the DVD and Bose system. Best auto purchase I ever made.

What a ride “Zoom-Zoom” with style!
By LarS on 05/02/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The styling inside/out is sporty, ergonomic with luxury styling. The fit and finish is as good as Lexus or Acura. A CUV with Zoom-Zoom driving experience is the perfect fit for our family. My wife loves driving it!! The sport tuned suspension, dual exhaust sporty sound and 263 HP V6 is a very strong package. The transmission is excellent in auto or manual modes. Great flexibility for the 2nd and 3rd row w/track seating. HID headlights are very good. The turn radius is excellent. Very quiet cabin at any speed, dual air and Bluetooth is a major plus. All the safety feature, ABS, EBD, DSC, TCS, RSC, 3 rows side curtain air bags and Tire Pressure Monit. Sys. at this price range, wow! No blind stops.

Great Crossover
By TLL on 04/22/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been looking to replace our minivan with another 7 seater for over a year. My wife and I drove or looked at about 10 minivans and crossovers. Were going to wait for Buick Enclave to come out before buying anything, But after test driving 3 CX-9s we drove home a CX-9 Touring with Rear Entertainment the same day. The interior is first class. The ride and handling are excellent. For overall value the CX-9 is a very good vehicle, plus it's fun to drive. You can feel the strips on concrete roads and visibility out rear sides is limited, but you would have to put in more glass and kill the looks and handling would take a hit with taller tires.

In-laws are welcome too
By Road-runner on 02/22/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ordered back in November, last week we finally got our Red Mica Touring CX-9. It came with 20" wheels with Homelink (optional). Turn to be an almost perfect ride for families with luggage and bikes although there is space for improvements.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.