2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Beautiful, affordable, and fun!
By Luluza on 06/29/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 46,800 miles. Runs and looks like a brand new car without having to pay the new car price. Totally happy with my choice of car after trying out the Chevy Acadia and the Nissan Pathfinder. It drives very nice and smooth. It's spacious but not overly big like some of the SUVs out there. I have the sport model which is the basic model but I love it because I don't need the leather seats or navigation system. It's pretty good on gas too. Not as bad as I thought.

Horrible Struts, Bad Service, LEMON
By djtorch on 11/18/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are so many things I loved about the CX9. But, my gem turned into a LEMON. At mile 4000, I heard something fall off the car and it's been rattling ever since. The rattling was mixed in with excessive road noise. Later the two noises were joined by squeaking and creaking like an old wood ship on the high seas. I took the CX9 to Mazda service in Vallejo at least 10 times for this issue! I"m not kidding. They tried to repair it about 3-5 times. No Luck! They replace the control arm twice and the struts twice and it's rattling as loud as ever.

Lots of potential
By Marky on 12/09/07 16:13 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle as a replacement for our 2005 MPV. Power and styling were the big draws for us. After 4,0000 miles, it's a fun vehicle to drive but it's starting to show some shortcomings. Two defects had to be corrected during pickup from the dealership and a rattle has developed in the dashboard. A recent snow storm revealed, unlike most FWD vehicles, it's terrible in the snow. The tires are the most likely suspect. Gas mileage is disappointing. The expert reviews and changes to the 2008 model indicate the vehicle my have been rushed into production.

Zoom-Zoom!
By rugmaven on 09/22/07 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My CX-9 is certainly a solid, smooth driving vehicle. I've had it since April 07 and have discovered what an excellent vehicle I purchased. It handles on par with much sportier cars, has good power; pickup and corners unlike my expectations for a rather large, over 5,000 pound vehicle. The interior is understated, yet sleek and quietly upscale. The front seats do a fine job of keeping your backside centered even during hard cornering. The engine is powerful and smooth; mated to the six speed transmission, driving around town or on the highways is very pleasant.

Very Happy with Our Choice
By andrewtx on 07/24/07 14:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2003 Ford Expedition in which we were very disappointed for a 2007 CX-9. We immediately took it on a 1,600 mile trip. We averaged about 23 mpg on the highway (best individual fill up was 26.3 mpg). The performance of this vehicle is very impressive. It has the smoothest shifting automatic transmission I've ever seen. Pickup is impressive. The level of comfort was amazing. I'm 6'1" and usually suffer through long drives. However, a 12 hour (800 mile) drive in this vehicle was very comfortable. Lots of room for all our beach "stuff" with the 3rd seat folded down (umbrellas, cooler, beach chairs, etc). Even with all this stuff, we could still see out the rear window.

Worried about the gas
By uzeus2 on 05/05/07 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new CX9 very much, however, I was silly to believe the 18/24 mpg. I have only filled up 2 times, but I am not getting anywhere near that, and that is one reason I leased a V6 from a V8. Other than that I am really happy with the car. It's very smooth. I read all the reviews and agree with the need for automatic door locks, and auto lights off. I drive with babies and a toddler and the fact that the doors do not auto lock is not good. Since it's obviously made to be a family car, they should have thought of that. You don't think about that when buying, and it's not a big enough reason NOT to get it!! It took me about 3 months of research!

Nice CX-9
By Jim on 04/13/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the white CX-9 sport fwd and drove to Florida and back to Ohio with two adults, two 16 yoa and a 17 yoa. Vehicle ran great and surpassing the speed limit was no chore. Ride is so nice you don't realize how fast you are traveling. We sold our Tahoe and traded in our 2006 mazda6 for the CX-9.

Bye bye minivan
By hernandez fam on 04/04/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a minivan for six years more than anything for the space. With two kids' car seats plus grandma, we certainly use all the space. We looked at everything out there but for the money we could not find more space and comfort. Wwe love the ride and all the features in it. Mazda has put out an awsome crossover. Thank you.

I love my CX9!
By JJ on 03/15/07 15:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my BMW 3-series because it was giving me nothing but problems. As much as I love European cars, I just could not deal with the constant repairs once my car hit the 80,000 mile mark. I decided to trade my car in since it was still in good condition (after all repairs), now was the time! I was leaning towards getting a Lexus or Infiniti SUV, but noticed the Mazda. I am so happy that I got the CX-9 because it was thousands cheaper and still fully loaded. I love the 19-inch stock rims, dual exhaust chrome pipes, the interior is so spacious, and I feel so safe. This car is a great combo of the 2 SUVs I originally wanted to, so now I have the best of both worlds...but even better!

A fun and practical big car to the family
By neutro99 on 03/01/07 11:54 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The best feature I like? I have two car seats installed on 2nd row and just slide the 2nd row up, I (perfect height by the astronaut standard) can get into the 3rd row effortlessly! I don't think any vehicle out there can do this, even with minivan. As soon as you have both car seats block the rear door, the 3rd row can't be accessed. Amazingly CX-9 can do it! I didn't even realize this feature when I bought it. The only thing I don't like so much is the suspension is a little too hard. It is sporty and gives you good cornering but after a long ride you wish it could be a little softer and more comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.