Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Stay away from this Car and all following years
By Anthony Chestnut

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the 2007 as a used car 2013. i purchased this car from a dealership and they perform no working on the car. I had to give the car a full check up from my pocket. I had to change the tires. I can understand these situations but when you hear about. Now I am hearing the Mazda dealer ship they have to check the suspension and the same day the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened investigation into suspension it starts to make you wonder if Mazda is hiding something. It seems like they are selling a lemon hear. http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/feds-probe-2007-08-mazda-cx-9-after-suspension-complaints.html

Drive it Forever
By quantify

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car used in 2010 with 30k miles from a dealer. We now have 124k on the car, and it's still my wife's primary vehicle. Looks great and totally reliable. Other than tires and brakes, the only things we've replaced are a couple of control arms and a tie rod end. I wish it got slightly better gas mileage (21 highway), but that's about it.

remote start, stereo, engine power

needs bluetooth streaming audio (which I will add at some point)

Cx9 AC and Sunroof.
By fpcx9

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2007 CX9 in summer of 2007. 1. The outside noise level was really loud in the car. [all windows up]. 2.The AC started giving problems in the first year. The front passenger's side carpet gets FLOODED every year. I have been taking the car every summer to get this fix, sometimes it requires 2 or more trips to the dealer. I now pay out of pocket as the warranty has expired, not only it is costly, the stench of water soaked carpet drives me nuts. Seems like there is a flaw in these cx9?

All leather interior. Handles well

AC unit leakage. Noise reduction in the interior. The third row seats are very uncomfortable, need much improvements.

Honeymoon ended
By jlenart

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great style option for those that want the 3rd row, 4-wheel drive and NOT a minivan. The first 20k miles was fine but after that it was really really bad. To qualify, we changed the oil and did ALL dealer service as recommended - never missed a beat and from 20k-60k we had so many issues - rust on the back hatch door even though we paid $1500 for an add'l paint warranty, window and body liners fell off, roof black plastic pieces came off, the rear wheel bearings went, then the strut, the interior fell apart, etc etc. NIGHTMARE. So buy it for >2 years and then DUMP IT. The warranty and the dealer don't support their product so DON"T buy any add'l warranties!!!

Great GT
By air_bug

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car used in 2009 with Factory Certified. We looked at many SUV's with 6 or less cyliders with third-row seating and chose this one based on performance, design, and price. We've owned Fords before (this is a ford in Mazda clothing) with good reliability so we weren't too concerned with the drive train or electronics reliability. So far we've put on almost 40K and we love this car. We had one repair that was done under warantee for front wheel bearing but other than that the car has been solid. Mazda dealer gave us a loaner car and they have been wonderful so far. Car is washed with every oil change. We will be keeping this car for a while still and feel confident.

Engine is so quite and vibration fee at stop light you'd swear it's off. Not afraid of fast expressway exit ramp - great handling especially for SUV. Long road trips are very pleasant in this car. Chassis tone frequency is perfect and won't make you tired even after 10 hour drive. Six speed trans is wonderful.

Not much other than better looking front end? Maybe little bit stiffer chassis and higher towing capacity.