2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Drive it Forever
By quantify

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car used in 2010 with 30k miles from a dealer. We now have 124k on the car, and it's still my wife's primary vehicle. Looks great and totally reliable. Other than tires and brakes, the only things we've replaced are a couple of control arms and a tie rod end. I wish it got slightly better gas mileage (21 highway), but that's about it.

Favorite Features

remote start, stereo, engine power

Suggested Improvements

needs bluetooth streaming audio (which I will add at some point)

Cx9 AC and Sunroof.
By fpcx9

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2007 CX9 in summer of 2007. 1. The outside noise level was really loud in the car. [all windows up]. 2.The AC started giving problems in the first year. The front passenger's side carpet gets FLOODED every year. I have been taking the car every summer to get this fix, sometimes it requires 2 or more trips to the dealer. I now pay out of pocket as the warranty has expired, not only it is costly, the stench of water soaked carpet drives me nuts. Seems like there is a flaw in these cx9?

Favorite Features

All leather interior. Handles well

Suggested Improvements

AC unit leakage. Noise reduction in the interior. The third row seats are very uncomfortable, need much improvements.

Honeymoon ended
By jlenart

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great style option for those that want the 3rd row, 4-wheel drive and NOT a minivan. The first 20k miles was fine but after that it was really really bad. To qualify, we changed the oil and did ALL dealer service as recommended - never missed a beat and from 20k-60k we had so many issues - rust on the back hatch door even though we paid $1500 for an add'l paint warranty, window and body liners fell off, roof black plastic pieces came off, the rear wheel bearings went, then the strut, the interior fell apart, etc etc. NIGHTMARE. So buy it for >2 years and then DUMP IT. The warranty and the dealer don't support their product so DON"T buy any add'l warranties!!!

Great GT
By air_bug

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car used in 2009 with Factory Certified. We looked at many SUV's with 6 or less cyliders with third-row seating and chose this one based on performance, design, and price. We've owned Fords before (this is a ford in Mazda clothing) with good reliability so we weren't too concerned with the drive train or electronics reliability. So far we've put on almost 40K and we love this car. We had one repair that was done under warantee for front wheel bearing but other than that the car has been solid. Mazda dealer gave us a loaner car and they have been wonderful so far. Car is washed with every oil change. We will be keeping this car for a while still and feel confident.

Favorite Features

Engine is so quite and vibration fee at stop light you'd swear it's off. Not afraid of fast expressway exit ramp - great handling especially for SUV. Long road trips are very pleasant in this car. Chassis tone frequency is perfect and won't make you tired even after 10 hour drive. Six speed trans is wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Not much other than better looking front end? Maybe little bit stiffer chassis and higher towing capacity.

Hands down the most amazing crossover out there
By meathead212121

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought this thing about a month and a half ago and have since put almost 5,000 miles on it. We researched EVERY 3rd row SUV out there and came through edmunds to get reviews on all. In the end it was this or a nissan armada and we opted for the gas mileage and man has it paid off!!! compared to the Durago that we owned prior to this it goes twice as far on a tank of gas and it still has all the comfort of it. We've put a 20" flip down in it for a cross country trip we're taking tonight actually and the trip doesnt worry me with the possibility of breaking down do to how well this vehicle is built. I HIGHLY reccomend this car!!

Favorite Features

Gas milage!, super fun to drive around twisty roads, AWD, the 1/2&1/2 rear seat is a great plus, power front seats are awesome, great visibility at night, amazingly quiet and even more roomy :).

Suggested Improvements

the one thing I suggest... Get the premium sound... we didn't and I think we're paying for it because the sound quality is very poor out of the unit. Think I'm actually going to find the BOSE surround from Mazda and have it installed sometime in the future. Other than that its a superb vehicle!

Good car, poor service.
By veniero

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has served us well for three years now. There have been a few build quality issues, such as paint peeling and plastic parts falling off repeatedly. More importantly, Mazda service leaves a lot to be desired. We found out that the right front tie rod was damaged. The car has been in the repair shop for a week and Mazda has been unable to obtain the necessary parts! In the meanwhile, we have been responsible for the repair costs! The actual company has been very difficult to deal with. Based on this experience, this is likely to be our last Mazda vehicle.

Favorite Features

Roomy, drives well for size.

Suggested Improvements

Better attention to build quality.

Best In Class, Most Room for 7
By Tim

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This by far has been one of my favorite vehicles. Ditch the mini van fellas and reclaim your masculinity. Bose stereo rocks, crystal clear, ipdod jack, DVD entertainment, leather heated seats. Ride quality is very smooth, gliding on air. Lots of room with the 3rd row seat. Being 6'1 even I can ride back there comfortably. Go out and buy one. Bought ours used and saved lots of money. Actually have equity in this vehicle..they hold their value.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Bose stereo, good power

Suggested Improvements

give the actual average miles per gallon. Could work on improving gas mileage. Need the right tires for snow.

Beautiful, affordable, and fun!
By Luluza

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 46,800 miles. Runs and looks like a brand new car without having to pay the new car price. Totally happy with my choice of car after trying out the Chevy Acadia and the Nissan Pathfinder. It drives very nice and smooth. It's spacious but not overly big like some of the SUVs out there. I have the sport model which is the basic model but I love it because I don't need the leather seats or navigation system. It's pretty good on gas too. Not as bad as I thought.

Favorite Features

I love that is has a 3rd row and the black cloth looks very sharp.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, they are a little stiff.

Love it
By Carlover

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this SUV, minor changes and better quality i would ask, don`t get wrong is minor like door handles. Love the Bose, leather, blue tooth, zoom zoom power, rims, this SUV is great.

Favorite Features

Acceleration,Very comfortable for the Driver.Great audio system, blue tooth is a must, touch screen navigation. 20" wheels, awesome attention to detail interior/exterior. Great for long road trips. rear view camera.

Suggested Improvements

better quality (door handles)

Best Buy SUV
By jimev

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9. The best styling of any SUV out there PLUS it has a 3rd row! This is a lot of SUV for the at any price but especially for the money. I might trade this on in at 90K or maybe not. Not even a hint of any mechanical trouble so far. My son has been asking me to sell it to him when I finally get a new one. My main motivation to get a newer model would due to significant improvements in the HMI (GPS - Navigation, etc.) Maybe with Honda and Toyota having their issues Mazda will finally get the respect that they deserve.

Favorite Features

Proximity Key - love not to have to search for for my keys. Zoom - Zoom performance 3rd row seating - comfortable front - seats - 20" chrome wheels (just bought new Pirelli's for $113.00) and more - Strong Resale Value

Suggested Improvements

HMI - Navigation (GPS)& Bluetooth interface need work to truly be world class