Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Expensive car to own
By Javier Garcia

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used in 2008 one year after manufacturing. The performance of this car was poor. It was extremely expensive to own since most repairs were extreme and expensive. This will be my last MAZDA. I will not buy another MAZDA as long as FORD is part owner. I have own other Japanese cars and had not problems. I love to keep my cars for at least 10 years. I had hondas, BMW, Mercedes benz, and Isuzzo Trooper and never had as many problems as I had with the MAZDA. I invested about about 50% of the original speaker price in the 7 years I have own the car. I am trying to make it last another 3 years. But I do not think MAZDA can not last.

cx-9 is sublime!
By angela linville

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First thing to go on this car? The paint job! Only done routine maintenance in 7 years and and 106,000 miles. Couldn't ask for a more reliable vehicle. Favorite things are the sub woofer, remote start, keyless ignition, heated leather seats, acceleration and handling, flexibility with use.

Stay away from this Car and all following years
By Anthony Chestnut

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the 2007 as a used car 2013. i purchased this car from a dealership and they perform no working on the car. I had to give the car a full check up from my pocket. I had to change the tires. I can understand these situations but when you hear about. Now I am hearing the Mazda dealer ship they have to check the suspension and the same day the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened investigation into suspension it starts to make you wonder if Mazda is hiding something. It seems like they are selling a lemon hear.

Drive it Forever
By quantify

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car used in 2010 with 30k miles from a dealer. We now have 124k on the car, and it's still my wife's primary vehicle. Looks great and totally reliable. Other than tires and brakes, the only things we've replaced are a couple of control arms and a tie rod end. I wish it got slightly better gas mileage (21 highway), but that's about it.

remote start, stereo, engine power

needs bluetooth streaming audio (which I will add at some point)

Cx9 AC and Sunroof.
By fpcx9

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the 2007 CX9 in summer of 2007.
1. The outside noise level was really loud in the car. [all windows up].
2.The AC started giving problems in the first year. The front passenger's side carpet gets FLOODED every year. I have been taking the car every summer to get this fix, sometimes it requires 2 or more trips to the dealer. I now pay out of pocket as the warranty has expired, not only it is costly, the stench of water soaked carpet drives me nuts.
Seems like there is a flaw in these cx9?
March 11th 2016.
I now have problems with the brakes, I have changed all the rotors and brake pads and still have a screeching noise that"s really embarrassing. I have taken it to additional auto shops and no relief. I still have to fix the AC drain every year, it seems as though the water affects the motor on the power windows and the sunroof. the charger ports are always blowing the fuses hence no place to charge phone or play tvs or use the navigation system. Riding on the rear seat (3rd row) is very uncomfortable and makes you nauseous and your back ache . None of my kids want to sit there. now have a huge trunk space.
Overall if I had the choice, I WOULD NOT HAVEPURCHASE THE CX9..i probably would have gotten the cx7 or the mazda 5.
IDID NOT AND WOULD RECOMEND THIS MAZDA CX9 TO ANYONE.