Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Beautiful, affordable, and fun!
By Luluza

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 46,800 miles. Runs and looks like a brand new car without having to pay the new car price. Totally happy with my choice of car after trying out the Chevy Acadia and the Nissan Pathfinder. It drives very nice and smooth. It's spacious but not overly big like some of the SUVs out there. I have the sport model which is the basic model but I love it because I don't need the leather seats or navigation system. It's pretty good on gas too. Not as bad as I thought.

I love that is has a 3rd row and the black cloth looks very sharp.

More comfortable seats, they are a little stiff.

Horrible Struts, Bad Service, LEMON
By djtorch

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are so many things I loved about the CX9. But, my gem turned into a LEMON. At mile 4000, I heard something fall off the car and it's been rattling ever since. The rattling was mixed in with excessive road noise. Later the two noises were joined by squeaking and creaking like an old wood ship on the high seas. I took the CX9 to Mazda service in Vallejo at least 10 times for this issue! I"m not kidding. They tried to repair it about 3-5 times. No Luck! They replace the control arm twice and the struts twice and it's rattling as loud as ever.

Excessive Road Noise, Loud Squeaking from all over, heat comes through vents even when you set the climate control to match the exterior temp. Transmission gets hot on long trips.

New suspension and better quality. Honesty and integrity. Stand behind your cars and don't hide behind them.

Lots of potential
By Marky

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle as a replacement for our 2005 MPV. Power and styling were the big draws for us. After 4,0000 miles, it's a fun vehicle to drive but it's starting to show some shortcomings. Two defects had to be corrected during pickup from the dealership and a rattle has developed in the dashboard. A recent snow storm revealed, unlike most FWD vehicles, it's terrible in the snow. The tires are the most likely suspect. Gas mileage is disappointing. The expert reviews and changes to the 2008 model indicate the vehicle my have been rushed into production.

Full side curtain airbags, dashboard display, shiftable automatic transmission, dual exhaust, rear seat functionality and space.

Mazda, please improve the gas mileage of your V6 engines! Better tires and quality control.

Zoom-Zoom!
By rugmaven

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My CX-9 is certainly a solid, smooth driving vehicle. I've had it since April 07 and have discovered what an excellent vehicle I purchased. It handles on par with much sportier cars, has good power; pickup and corners unlike my expectations for a rather large, over 5,000 pound vehicle. The interior is understated, yet sleek and quietly upscale. The front seats do a fine job of keeping your backside centered even during hard cornering. The engine is powerful and smooth; mated to the six speed transmission, driving around town or on the highways is very pleasant.

Handling, styling and interior room.

Brakes need some work. During very hard braking they seem to not control the stop quick enough.

Very Happy with Our Choice
By andrewtx

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2003 Ford Expedition in which we were very disappointed for a 2007 CX-9. We immediately took it on a 1,600 mile trip. We averaged about 23 mpg on the highway (best individual fill up was 26.3 mpg). The performance of this vehicle is very impressive. It has the smoothest shifting automatic transmission I've ever seen. Pickup is impressive. The level of comfort was amazing. I'm 6'1" and usually suffer through long drives. However, a 12 hour (800 mile) drive in this vehicle was very comfortable. Lots of room for all our beach "stuff" with the 3rd seat folded down (umbrellas, cooler, beach chairs, etc). Even with all this stuff, we could still see out the rear window.

Cruise control and stereo controls on steering wheel; aux jack for mp3 player; dual climate controls (my wife is always cold); easy access 3rd seat.

Make auto dim rear view mirror standard equipment; offer more interior colors; allow for tilting head rests.