2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Honeymoon ended
By jlenart on 01/28/13 06:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great style option for those that want the 3rd row, 4-wheel drive and NOT a minivan. The first 20k miles was fine but after that it was really really bad. To qualify, we changed the oil and did ALL dealer service as recommended - never missed a beat and from 20k-60k we had so many issues - rust on the back hatch door even though we paid $1500 for an add'l paint warranty, window and body liners fell off, roof black plastic pieces came off, the rear wheel bearings went, then the strut, the interior fell apart, etc etc. NIGHTMARE. So buy it for >2 years and then DUMP IT. The warranty and the dealer don't support their product so DON"T buy any add'l warranties!!!

Great GT
By air_bug on 07/13/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car used in 2009 with Factory Certified. We looked at many SUV's with 6 or less cyliders with third-row seating and chose this one based on performance, design, and price. We've owned Fords before (this is a ford in Mazda clothing) with good reliability so we weren't too concerned with the drive train or electronics reliability. So far we've put on almost 40K and we love this car. We had one repair that was done under warantee for front wheel bearing but other than that the car has been solid. Mazda dealer gave us a loaner car and they have been wonderful so far. Car is washed with every oil change. We will be keeping this car for a while still and feel confident.

Hands down the most amazing crossover out there
By meathead212121 on 05/31/11 04:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought this thing about a month and a half ago and have since put almost 5,000 miles on it. We researched EVERY 3rd row SUV out there and came through edmunds to get reviews on all. In the end it was this or a nissan armada and we opted for the gas mileage and man has it paid off!!! compared to the Durago that we owned prior to this it goes twice as far on a tank of gas and it still has all the comfort of it. We've put a 20" flip down in it for a cross country trip we're taking tonight actually and the trip doesnt worry me with the possibility of breaking down do to how well this vehicle is built. I HIGHLY reccomend this car!!

Good car, poor service.
By veniero on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has served us well for three years now. There have been a few build quality issues, such as paint peeling and plastic parts falling off repeatedly. More importantly, Mazda service leaves a lot to be desired. We found out that the right front tie rod was damaged. The car has been in the repair shop for a week and Mazda has been unable to obtain the necessary parts! In the meanwhile, we have been responsible for the repair costs! The actual company has been very difficult to deal with. Based on this experience, this is likely to be our last Mazda vehicle.

Best In Class, Most Room for 7
By Tim on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This by far has been one of my favorite vehicles. Ditch the mini van fellas and reclaim your masculinity. Bose stereo rocks, crystal clear, ipdod jack, DVD entertainment, leather heated seats. Ride quality is very smooth, gliding on air. Lots of room with the 3rd row seat. Being 6'1 even I can ride back there comfortably. Go out and buy one. Bought ours used and saved lots of money. Actually have equity in this vehicle..they hold their value.

Beautiful, affordable, and fun!
By Luluza on 06/29/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle used with 46,800 miles. Runs and looks like a brand new car without having to pay the new car price. Totally happy with my choice of car after trying out the Chevy Acadia and the Nissan Pathfinder. It drives very nice and smooth. It's spacious but not overly big like some of the SUVs out there. I have the sport model which is the basic model but I love it because I don't need the leather seats or navigation system. It's pretty good on gas too. Not as bad as I thought.

Love it
By Carlover on 05/27/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this SUV, minor changes and better quality i would ask, don`t get wrong is minor like door handles. Love the Bose, leather, blue tooth, zoom zoom power, rims, this SUV is great.

Best Buy SUV
By jimev on 04/09/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my CX-9. The best styling of any SUV out there PLUS it has a 3rd row! This is a lot of SUV for the at any price but especially for the money. I might trade this on in at 90K or maybe not. Not even a hint of any mechanical trouble so far. My son has been asking me to sell it to him when I finally get a new one. My main motivation to get a newer model would due to significant improvements in the HMI (GPS - Navigation, etc.) Maybe with Honda and Toyota having their issues Mazda will finally get the respect that they deserve.

CX-9 Long Term Review
By ThatGuyFromOhio on 02/17/10 10:31 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our CX-9 GT AWD for nearly 3 years and it is a great people mover that is still fun to drive. It has maybe the best 3rd row access in the whole segment. The styling is great (with the 20" wheels). Looks better with the roof rack too. When I bought it had the Ford engine, and it has worked perfectly. The gearbox is smooth and the ride is still nice and tight. Only after two years have some little things (small plastic interior pieces) have come loose. But overall a great car that seats seven with a lot of flexibility. The mileage could always be better, but I can't complain, it is a big truck that has some go to it. My biggest issue now is do I get a newer one in 6 months

Horrible Struts, Bad Service, LEMON
By djtorch on 11/18/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There are so many things I loved about the CX9. But, my gem turned into a LEMON. At mile 4000, I heard something fall off the car and it's been rattling ever since. The rattling was mixed in with excessive road noise. Later the two noises were joined by squeaking and creaking like an old wood ship on the high seas. I took the CX9 to Mazda service in Vallejo at least 10 times for this issue! I"m not kidding. They tried to repair it about 3-5 times. No Luck! They replace the control arm twice and the struts twice and it's rattling as loud as ever.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.