2011 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Review: Another great Mazda

2011 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Review

i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Another great Mazda
By coaster on

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my Mazda5 for five years without one problem it was time to trade. I looked at other brands of smaller SUVs and Minivans but in the long run the reliability of my 5 and my great dealer service persuaded me to stay with Mazda. I have had the CX-7 since Aug. 2010 and so far there has not been even a trace of a problem. The CX-7 has undergone improvements in ride, quiet cabin and interior appointments and they are all appreciated. The seats are very comfortable and the dashboard it really smart looking. On my most recent highway trip I averaged 30.5 miles per gallon. In normal city driving I average 22 mph. I love the car.

Cabin interior, comfortable driver's seat, lots of leg room for tall driver, excellent handling, short turning circle, unique exterior styling, very rigid body. Center console does not infringe on the driver's legs.

Bridgestone Dueller tires are reputed to wear quickly and are hard riding. Make sure the air pressure is no more than stated or a little less. No other tire made in the 215X70X17 size at this time. Off the line acceleration is leisurely but as soon as the car is in third gear or higher there is plenty of torque. Rear seat is somewhat short of leg room if you slide the seats back fully. As the car breaks in it seems that the ride has become smoother and the engine is more flexible.