Good car, don't get black
By kcpaull on
2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
In the past, Mazda's interior design was light years ahead of anything American you could buy so I was somewhat disappointed with the interior design of the CX-7. Don't get black interior as everything shows up on it. It's got all sorts of "extras" I don't need and don't use such as blue tooth, 5 disk cd changer (who needs that), and a link for a mp3 player. I must admit the heated seats are nice when it's cold out. Other than these extras it's just a basic car that drives well and gets me where I need to go. I'm not much of a gear head so I'm not even going to try to say anything about performance.
Favorite Features
Storage compartments around spare tire, handles well, VERY quiet. My husband has a Ford Fusion for a company vehicle and the CX-7 idles even more quietly than the Fusion.
Suggested Improvements
Put the gear shift on the column and put more storage in the console. A trash bin would be nice. As it is, there's no place to put one. I tied one on the back of the console but it's a pain to reach while driving. And here's novel idea...use the excess heat created by the internal combustion engine to make steam to turn a turbine to make electricity to allow for better gas mileage.