2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Great Car
By jlmm3 on 11/20/11 10:30 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my first mazda (mazda3 s) used in 2009 and I loved it. Since then I have bought 3 more and now I have a 2011 mazda3 s 2.5 and we just bought a 2011 Mazda CX-7 i touring. My wife loves the car, and I do too. It drives VERY nicely and is very well put together on the inside with alot of attention to detail. As far as being pokey, I have not seen it at all and I have the non-turbo engine.

Good car, don't get black
By kcpaull on 11/18/11 17:44 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

In the past, Mazda's interior design was light years ahead of anything American you could buy so I was somewhat disappointed with the interior design of the CX-7. Don't get black interior as everything shows up on it. It's got all sorts of "extras" I don't need and don't use such as blue tooth, 5 disk cd changer (who needs that), and a link for a mp3 player. I must admit the heated seats are nice when it's cold out. Other than these extras it's just a basic car that drives well and gets me where I need to go. I'm not much of a gear head so I'm not even going to try to say anything about performance.

Stay away.
By mtbrider1 on 11/04/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As suggested by another reviewer.... stay away from this car. The reliability is HORRIBLE on these cars. Mazda needs to scrap their powertrain on this one and start over again. Interior hard surface plastics do not wear well and look cheap in comparison to it's peers.

Stay Away from Mazda CX7
By mike8183 on 10/22/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm one of the too many very unhappy CX7 owners. Simply go to the Mazda CX7 forum on Edmunds and hear all the owner nightmare stories directly.

Do not buy this Car
By tigerhawk48 on 10/03/11 13:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our CX-7 a month ago, and are very unhappy with it. Do not buy this car, it is impossible to get replacement tires for it. Only one manufacturer makes them and they are completely out of stock and on back order. We have a punctured tire and no way to fix it. Also while car has decent handling and nice interior features, it is not the most comfortable seats. Really wish I had not bough this car.

CX-7 Brand New
By habsexpos on 09/19/11 11:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Picked up my brand new 2011 CX-7 last week. Great price and excellent trade-in (2006 Honda Civic) made this an easy choice. Have close to 600 miles on it. Nice smooth, quiet ride. No issues so far. Getting about 26 MPG combined, probably will get better after the "break in" period. I'll come back and give everyone updates.

non-turbo CX-7 is the way to go
By 2008stype on 04/04/11 20:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I had to wait until April 2011 to get a CX-7i touring. I had rented a CX-7 tubo in Colorado several years ago and liked it but not the $20/day for gas. The CX-7i touring is so far very nice. I have taken it on several trips already (1200 miles and several 300 miles). Rides great and handles like a good sedan. Very short turning circle which is handy. I am getting 20-22 mpg in town. I am a bit dissappointed in the highway mileage as it is on the order of 26. Only have 2500 miles on it so maybe it will improve. I think the non-turbo motor had adquate pep for frwy crusing (70-75). Tested a CRV, RAV4 and several other alternatives (Escape for example). The CX-7 is a better car- my view

Another great Mazda
By coaster on 02/26/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my Mazda5 for five years without one problem it was time to trade. I looked at other brands of smaller SUVs and Minivans but in the long run the reliability of my 5 and my great dealer service persuaded me to stay with Mazda. I have had the CX-7 since Aug. 2010 and so far there has not been even a trace of a problem. The CX-7 has undergone improvements in ride, quiet cabin and interior appointments and they are all appreciated. The seats are very comfortable and the dashboard it really smart looking. On my most recent highway trip I averaged 30.5 miles per gallon. In normal city driving I average 22 mph. I love the car.

Love my first Mazda
By divs444 on 12/21/10 20:16 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had this car the last two days and it's really been fun to drive. This is my first crossover and was a smooth transition from my 08 honda civic coupe. It drives and rides like a car! The spacious seats, cargo room, bluetooth feature are my favorite.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-7 Suv in VA is:

$141 per month*