Used 2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Poor Quality
By greats32

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CX7 the day before Thanksgiving last year. Overall I am not impressed with this vehicle. It has already spent a total of three weeks in the shop because of air conditioning issues as well as electrical issues. For this vehicle not even being a year old I am VERY disappointed to see the plastic lenses getting cloudy on the head lights. This is something I would expect from a 8 to 10 year old vehicle. When I asked the dealer about it I was told this is normal. This vehicle practically lives in a garage, while at home its parked in the garage, and when I am at work it is parked in the underground parking never really sitting out in direct sun light enough

I like the size of this vehicle.

It would be much better if a V6 was offered with it. The 2.5L I4 is doggy. Add more leather trim interior wise. This vehicle feels cheap.

The BEST Crossover!
By pamy1

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this crossover, compared to other competitor's the Mazda CX-7 is #1! Fun to drive and even comes with great features. I have the sport with convenience package, which is by far the best package. I just can't live without the heated seats, interative bluetooth, back-up camera and the moonroof. There are two ways to fold the seats down, there is even a release button to put the back seats all the way down, and you can put all your grocery's in the trunk with each. My husband is 6 ft 5' and has plenty of room when he's driving, so there is definetly alot of head and leg room. I received so many compliments on this vehicle. The best car for your money!

Heated cloth Seats, Moonroof, Back-up camera and Interactive bluetooth, tilting powered seat, two ways to release back seats I love the fact it fits my husband comfortably, he's 6 ft 5' and there is plenty of room for this man.....amazing

No Complaints, perfect car!

Like the Mazda...
By simply_m

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Wife wanted a new ride and liked the styling of the cx7. Felt like the price was good for the amount of car we were getting. Liked the fact that it is totally built in Japan ( the Japanese are known to take pride in their workmanship). Read customer reviews and was scared by all the turbo engine problems,so stayed away from it. The standard engine is not bad and avg 24 mpg with mixed city/country road driving. Drives solid but slightly bumpy. After 15,000 miles my main complaint is the transmission. I just don't like the way it hesitates to downshift after slowing down. I haven't had any problems so far. Only regret is small interior with two kids. Price to pay though for decent fuel economy

Remote start can be added without expensive package purchase and is worth every penny. Fun to drive...handles like a sports car. Plenty of safety features standard. Sporty looks. Comfortable interior for average size folks(tall people will be cramped).Overall good visibility while driving.

Less engine noise. More positive feel with transmission. CVT would be nice. More passenger leg room.Overhead storage for sunglasses.

Still Skeptic (trying to be positive)
By izus

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

there has been some problems so far. we hace 2400 miles on it. the air con is not the strongest, during our hot summer in Orlando it does not cool off no matter how far you drive. Mazda told me the days are just too hot being over 100 degrees. we suffered for about 2 weeks this summer with a brand new car that cant cool off. then yesterday i noticed a strange smell coming from the engine compartment. i made an appointment and not sure what the problem is now. im beginning to think we should have purchased the Toyota rav 4

Good car, don't get black
By kcpaull

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

In the past, Mazda's interior design was light years ahead of anything American you could buy so I was somewhat disappointed with the interior design of the CX-7. Don't get black interior as everything shows up on it. It's got all sorts of "extras" I don't need and don't use such as blue tooth, 5 disk cd changer (who needs that), and a link for a mp3 player. I must admit the heated seats are nice when it's cold out. Other than these extras it's just a basic car that drives well and gets me where I need to go. I'm not much of a gear head so I'm not even going to try to say anything about performance.

Storage compartments around spare tire, handles well, VERY quiet. My husband has a Ford Fusion for a company vehicle and the CX-7 idles even more quietly than the Fusion.

Put the gear shift on the column and put more storage in the console. A trash bin would be nice. As it is, there's no place to put one. I tied one on the back of the console but it's a pain to reach while driving. And here's novel idea...use the excess heat created by the internal combustion engine to make steam to turn a turbine to make electricity to allow for better gas mileage.