Used 2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda Cx-7 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Still Skeptic (trying to be positive)
By izus

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

there has been some problems so far. we hace 2400 miles on it. the air con is not the strongest, during our hot summer in Orlando it does not cool off no matter how far you drive. Mazda told me the days are just too hot being over 100 degrees. we suffered for about 2 weeks this summer with a brand new car that cant cool off. then yesterday i noticed a strange smell coming from the engine compartment. i made an appointment and not sure what the problem is now. im beginning to think we should have purchased the Toyota rav 4

Poor Quality
By greats32

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CX7 the day before Thanksgiving last year. Overall I am not impressed with this vehicle. It has already spent a total of three weeks in the shop because of air conditioning issues as well as electrical issues. For this vehicle not even being a year old I am VERY disappointed to see the plastic lenses getting cloudy on the head lights. This is something I would expect from a 8 to 10 year old vehicle. When I asked the dealer about it I was told this is normal. This vehicle practically lives in a garage, while at home its parked in the garage, and when I am at work it is parked in the underground parking never really sitting out in direct sun light enough

Favorite Features

I like the size of this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It would be much better if a V6 was offered with it. The 2.5L I4 is doggy. Add more leather trim interior wise. This vehicle feels cheap.

Stay Away from Mazda CX7
By mike8183

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm one of the too many very unhappy CX7 owners. Simply go to the Mazda CX7 forum on Edmunds and hear all the owner nightmare stories directly.

First Year - Running Great
By cheapisgood

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my fourth Mazda. My previous Mazdas over the years have been very reliable. It looks like the reviews on this car are a mixed bag and a lot of discontent with AWD and the A/C. I did not want AWD because of added problems/maint and if you are going to purchase an AWD car buy a Subaru. As far as the A/C goes I live in Arizona where its very hot. There is a TSB out on the A/C for this car. Demand that the dealer fix under the TSB and your problem will go away. From a reliability perspective I have had no problems with mine. For mileage I get about 23.7 mph in mixed driving. The car is very fast with the 2.3 ltr and police have been my biggest drawback.

Favorite Features

Quick, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

I believe that 2012/13 is the last model year for this car. You can pick up a new one well under invoice (I did) if you shop around.

Zoom Clang Clang Chug
By stantonb1

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have all ready established a series of form comments under A/C problems. It appears that the extremely loud banging that I experience when I first turn on the A/C in the morning is normal or at least that is what Mazda field engineers told Reedman Toll when they were going over my car. When I wanted to further discuss the problem with Stephanie a Mazda field representative at the "800" Mazda number provided it was fine for her to record the conversation, but she immediately hung up when advised I would be recording too. To state that I am discussed with the manner in which Mazda is treating me as a customer is an understatement. Recommend Mazda, not me not a chance; not there for you!!

Favorite Features

Could be a wonderful vehicle. Has many features you must pay additional for or are unavailable on other vehicles. Automatic A/C is definitely not one of my favorite features. The blind spot mirror indicators are remarkable and should definitely be on every vehicle. Mazda definitely got the blind spot indicators right. The Bose sound system is very good and if the A/C worked correctly one could just be thrilled with the sound quality. When the Turbo is operating correctly the pick up performance is great. Just beware of a hose disconnecting and the engine warning light coming on.

Suggested Improvements

A/C definitely. The A/C needs drastic revision. I would like to place a Mazda field engineer in my CX7 on a ninety degree day and see then if the conclusion is the A/C is operating well; fine in fact. Mazda customer service could certainly use improvement. I was brought up in the automobile business and my experience with Mazda outrages me. My family started with automobiles and dealerships in 1919 and until 1974 when my father died respected every customer. We worked with many automobile manufactures and never experienced anything like this with Mazda.