Used 2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Fantastic Ride
By joebrock5

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This SUV is fun to drive! It drive more like a sports car and handles really well. There is plenty of power from the turbo charged engine. As for the comments about the A/C I have had zero problems. It blows ice cold air on the hottest of days in Arizona. With over 80K have had the car in the shop once for repairs due to a tire issue. Maintenance costs are relatively low, although I would recommend using synthetic oil. Highly reliable and looks great.

Spiders may Block Fuel Tank Vent Line
By stantonb1

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Attention MAZDA / 2010-2012 owners Mazda North America Operations has issued a NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 14V114 stating that yes "Spiders may Block Fuel Tank Vent Line". I only have 13,000 miles on my CX-7 GT and believe me Mazda should be addressing the Turbo problem, AC problem and braking problem. Spiders, give me a break. As I said in my prior comment bought a 2013 Honda CR-V base am very pleased with it and just ordered a 2014 Honda CR-V EXL. I still love the styling of my CX-7, but that is about all. Drove CX-5 and extremely disappointed.

Styling.

Admit mistakes with turbo, AC and brakes and correct.

Not A Wonderful Vehicle
By stantonb1

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought our CX7 in August 2011 new, vehicle now has 10,000 miles. CX7 is a big disappointment. AC not adequate, turbo hesitates, paint job brilliant black is inferior and gas mileage poor. Complained to Mazda and after BBB intervention Mazda extended the warranty. Trying to sell this vehicle. Just purchased a 2013 Honda CRV base model, because we were not sure we would want to keep it long haul. The Honda is trouble free. AC is wonderful, vehicle is well built and solid. Only have 2,000 miles, but can not say enough positive things about our CRV. The paint job Twilight blue is excellent. The gas mileage is 18 city 30 highway as tracked on computer.

Bose Sound system.

I can see why CX7 was discontinued and replaced with CX5. Looked at CX5 and extremely disappointed.

Zoom Clang Clang Chug
By stantonb1

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have all ready established a series of form comments under A/C problems. It appears that the extremely loud banging that I experience when I first turn on the A/C in the morning is normal or at least that is what Mazda field engineers told Reedman Toll when they were going over my car. When I wanted to further discuss the problem with Stephanie a Mazda field representative at the "800" Mazda number provided it was fine for her to record the conversation, but she immediately hung up when advised I would be recording too. To state that I am discussed with the manner in which Mazda is treating me as a customer is an understatement. Recommend Mazda, not me not a chance; not there for you!!

Could be a wonderful vehicle. Has many features you must pay additional for or are unavailable on other vehicles. Automatic A/C is definitely not one of my favorite features. The blind spot mirror indicators are remarkable and should definitely be on every vehicle. Mazda definitely got the blind spot indicators right. The Bose sound system is very good and if the A/C worked correctly one could just be thrilled with the sound quality. When the Turbo is operating correctly the pick up performance is great. Just beware of a hose disconnecting and the engine warning light coming on.

A/C definitely. The A/C needs drastic revision. I would like to place a Mazda field engineer in my CX7 on a ninety degree day and see then if the conclusion is the A/C is operating well; fine in fact. Mazda customer service could certainly use improvement. I was brought up in the automobile business and my experience with Mazda outrages me. My family started with automobiles and dealerships in 1919 and until 1974 when my father died respected every customer. We worked with many automobile manufactures and never experienced anything like this with Mazda.

First Year - Running Great
By cheapisgood

2011 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my fourth Mazda. My previous Mazdas over the years have been very reliable. It looks like the reviews on this car are a mixed bag and a lot of discontent with AWD and the A/C. I did not want AWD because of added problems/maint and if you are going to purchase an AWD car buy a Subaru. As far as the A/C goes I live in Arizona where its very hot. There is a TSB out on the A/C for this car. Demand that the dealer fix under the TSB and your problem will go away. From a reliability perspective I have had no problems with mine. For mileage I get about 23.7 mph in mixed driving. The car is very fast with the 2.3 ltr and police have been my biggest drawback.

Quick, brakes.

I believe that 2012/13 is the last model year for this car. You can pick up a new one well under invoice (I did) if you shop around.