2011 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Poor Quality
By greats32 on 08/26/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CX7 the day before Thanksgiving last year. Overall I am not impressed with this vehicle. It has already spent a total of three weeks in the shop because of air conditioning issues as well as electrical issues. For this vehicle not even being a year old I am VERY disappointed to see the plastic lenses getting cloudy on the head lights. This is something I would expect from a 8 to 10 year old vehicle. When I asked the dealer about it I was told this is normal. This vehicle practically lives in a garage, while at home it’s parked in the garage, and when I am at work it is parked in the underground parking – never really sitting out in direct sun light enough

The BEST Crossover!
By pamy1 on 02/06/12 15:09 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this crossover, compared to other competitor's the Mazda CX-7 is #1! Fun to drive and even comes with great features. I have the sport with convenience package, which is by far the best package. I just can't live without the heated seats, interative bluetooth, back-up camera and the moonroof. There are two ways to fold the seats down, there is even a release button to put the back seats all the way down, and you can put all your grocery's in the trunk with each. My husband is 6 ft 5' and has plenty of room when he's driving, so there is definetly alot of head and leg room. I received so many compliments on this vehicle. The best car for your money!

Like the Mazda...
By simply_m on 01/05/12 19:46 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Wife wanted a new ride and liked the styling of the cx7. Felt like the price was good for the amount of car we were getting. Liked the fact that it is totally built in Japan ( the Japanese are known to take pride in their workmanship). Read customer reviews and was scared by all the turbo engine problems,so stayed away from it. The standard engine is not bad and avg 24 mpg with mixed city/country road driving. Drives solid but slightly bumpy. After 15,000 miles my main complaint is the transmission. I just don't like the way it hesitates to downshift after slowing down. I haven't had any problems so far. Only regret is small interior with two kids. Price to pay though for decent fuel economy

Still Skeptic (trying to be positive)
By izus on 11/22/11 05:01 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

there has been some problems so far. we hace 2400 miles on it. the air con is not the strongest, during our hot summer in Orlando it does not cool off no matter how far you drive. Mazda told me the days are just too hot being over 100 degrees. we suffered for about 2 weeks this summer with a brand new car that cant cool off. then yesterday i noticed a strange smell coming from the engine compartment. i made an appointment and not sure what the problem is now. im beginning to think we should have purchased the Toyota rav 4

Good car, don't get black
By kcpaull on 11/18/11 17:44 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

In the past, Mazda's interior design was light years ahead of anything American you could buy so I was somewhat disappointed with the interior design of the CX-7. Don't get black interior as everything shows up on it. It's got all sorts of "extras" I don't need and don't use such as blue tooth, 5 disk cd changer (who needs that), and a link for a mp3 player. I must admit the heated seats are nice when it's cold out. Other than these extras it's just a basic car that drives well and gets me where I need to go. I'm not much of a gear head so I'm not even going to try to say anything about performance.

Do not buy this Car
By tigerhawk48 on 10/03/11 13:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our CX-7 a month ago, and are very unhappy with it. Do not buy this car, it is impossible to get replacement tires for it. Only one manufacturer makes them and they are completely out of stock and on back order. We have a punctured tire and no way to fix it. Also while car has decent handling and nice interior features, it is not the most comfortable seats. Really wish I had not bough this car.

Another great Mazda
By coaster on 02/26/11 14:52 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After driving my Mazda5 for five years without one problem it was time to trade. I looked at other brands of smaller SUVs and Minivans but in the long run the reliability of my 5 and my great dealer service persuaded me to stay with Mazda. I have had the CX-7 since Aug. 2010 and so far there has not been even a trace of a problem. The CX-7 has undergone improvements in ride, quiet cabin and interior appointments and they are all appreciated. The seats are very comfortable and the dashboard it really smart looking. On my most recent highway trip I averaged 30.5 miles per gallon. In normal city driving I average 22 mph. I love the car.

Love my first Mazda
By divs444 on 12/21/10 20:16 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've only had this car the last two days and it's really been fun to drive. This is my first crossover and was a smooth transition from my 08 honda civic coupe. It drives and rides like a car! The spacious seats, cargo room, bluetooth feature are my favorite.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-7 in VA is:

$143 per month*