2011 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Spiders may Block Fuel Tank Vent Line
By stantonb1 on 04/04/14 07:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Attention MAZDA / 2010-2012 owners Mazda North America Operations has issued a NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 14V114 stating that yes "Spiders may Block Fuel Tank Vent Line". I only have 13,000 miles on my CX-7 GT and believe me Mazda should be addressing the Turbo problem, AC problem and braking problem. Spiders, give me a break. As I said in my prior comment bought a 2013 Honda CR-V base am very pleased with it and just ordered a 2014 Honda CR-V EXL. I still love the styling of my CX-7, but that is about all. Drove CX-5 and extremely disappointed.

Not A Wonderful Vehicle
By stantonb1 on 08/29/13 16:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought our CX7 in August 2011 new, vehicle now has 10,000 miles. CX7 is a big disappointment. AC not adequate, turbo hesitates, paint job brilliant black is inferior and gas mileage poor. Complained to Mazda and after BBB intervention Mazda extended the warranty. Trying to sell this vehicle. Just purchased a 2013 Honda CRV base model, because we were not sure we would want to keep it long haul. The Honda is trouble free. AC is wonderful, vehicle is well built and solid. Only have 2,000 miles, but can not say enough positive things about our CRV. The paint job Twilight blue is excellent. The gas mileage is 18 city 30 highway as tracked on computer.

Zoom Clang Clang Chug
By stantonb1 on 05/13/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have all ready established a series of form comments under A/C problems. It appears that the extremely loud banging that I experience when I first turn on the A/C in the morning is normal or at least that is what Mazda field engineers told Reedman Toll when they were going over my car. When I wanted to further discuss the problem with Stephanie a Mazda field representative at the "800" Mazda number provided it was fine for her to record the conversation, but she immediately hung up when advised I would be recording too. To state that I am discussed with the manner in which Mazda is treating me as a customer is an understatement. Recommend Mazda, not me not a chance; not there for you!!

First Year - Running Great
By cheapisgood on 10/25/12 12:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my fourth Mazda. My previous Mazdas over the years have been very reliable. It looks like the reviews on this car are a mixed bag and a lot of discontent with AWD and the A/C. I did not want AWD because of added problems/maint and if you are going to purchase an AWD car buy a Subaru. As far as the A/C goes I live in Arizona where its very hot. There is a TSB out on the A/C for this car. Demand that the dealer fix under the TSB and your problem will go away. From a reliability perspective I have had no problems with mine. For mileage I get about 23.7 mph in mixed driving. The car is very fast with the 2.3 ltr and police have been my biggest drawback.

Poor Quality
By greats32 on 08/26/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CX7 the day before Thanksgiving last year. Overall I am not impressed with this vehicle. It has already spent a total of three weeks in the shop because of air conditioning issues as well as electrical issues. For this vehicle not even being a year old I am VERY disappointed to see the plastic lenses getting cloudy on the head lights. This is something I would expect from a 8 to 10 year old vehicle. When I asked the dealer about it I was told this is normal. This vehicle practically lives in a garage, while at home it’s parked in the garage, and when I am at work it is parked in the underground parking – never really sitting out in direct sun light enough

Wondering???
By heathermonk on 08/13/12 11:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a 2011 CX-7 in February 2012 and have loved it! Just out of curiousity, I decided to see what the KBBV was, I was shocked to find out it's worth about $6,000 less than we paid for it.The only problem there has been is today, temps of 96 outside, I go to get lunch and the air conditioner was acting CRAZY, it went from barely blowing to blowing as hard as it could and went back and forth the entir time, my husband has a 10 am appointment for it to be checked out tomorrow, so I guess we will see. As far as the mileage, I have had the cruise control set at 60 and the display is showing I am averaging 37.5 MPG which is very good. Try to update you all soon. Wish us luck?!?!?!

Worst in Category
By vbilodeau on 04/02/12 20:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove over 800 miles on a weekend getaway with a rental CX-7 AWD and the least that I can say is that this car is a disappointment. I spent a fortune on gas, the car was averaging a bit less than 18 mpg on the highway and about 12 in city driving. There was no fun to drive, the turbo has almost no kick. I was shocked to see that the car didn't have electronic temperature control, a feature that 15,000$ car now have. For that price range, I would without a doubt buy a Ford Edge that looks way better and that is tens time more fun to drive and has 20x more features than the CX-7. Shame on you Mazda.

The BEST Crossover!
By pamy1 on 02/06/12 15:09 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this crossover, compared to other competitor's the Mazda CX-7 is #1! Fun to drive and even comes with great features. I have the sport with convenience package, which is by far the best package. I just can't live without the heated seats, interative bluetooth, back-up camera and the moonroof. There are two ways to fold the seats down, there is even a release button to put the back seats all the way down, and you can put all your grocery's in the trunk with each. My husband is 6 ft 5' and has plenty of room when he's driving, so there is definetly alot of head and leg room. I received so many compliments on this vehicle. The best car for your money!

Like the Mazda...
By simply_m on 01/05/12 19:46 PM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Wife wanted a new ride and liked the styling of the cx7. Felt like the price was good for the amount of car we were getting. Liked the fact that it is totally built in Japan ( the Japanese are known to take pride in their workmanship). Read customer reviews and was scared by all the turbo engine problems,so stayed away from it. The standard engine is not bad and avg 24 mpg with mixed city/country road driving. Drives solid but slightly bumpy. After 15,000 miles my main complaint is the transmission. I just don't like the way it hesitates to downshift after slowing down. I haven't had any problems so far. Only regret is small interior with two kids. Price to pay though for decent fuel economy

Still Skeptic (trying to be positive)
By izus on 11/22/11 05:01 AM (PST)

2011 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

there has been some problems so far. we hace 2400 miles on it. the air con is not the strongest, during our hot summer in Orlando it does not cool off no matter how far you drive. Mazda told me the days are just too hot being over 100 degrees. we suffered for about 2 weeks this summer with a brand new car that cant cool off. then yesterday i noticed a strange smell coming from the engine compartment. i made an appointment and not sure what the problem is now. im beginning to think we should have purchased the Toyota rav 4

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mazda CX-7 in VA is:

$141 per month*