2010 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Review: So far so good

2010 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Review

s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

So far so good
By sranco on

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my CX7 for a little over a year now. So far so good. I bought it used with 97 000km (approx 60000miles) and we have enjoyed it very much. The interior is very well appointed, everything is where it should be and the truck makes you feel safe. Cargo space could be a little better, but we have more than enough room for the baby stroller and all our groceries. Performance is very good, the truck picks up and goes when you ask it too, but it's no racecar that's for sure. Cabin is a little noisy but getting a decent set of tires will help that, I run 19 inch Yokohama Advan tires in the summer and there is barely any noise. I don't find the Bose sound system that good, the Bose system.

The engine. Don't forget this is a detuned MazdaSpeed3 engine. It has some decent power. The seats. They look good, feel good, and you always feel in control. It really is a nice cockpit.

Fuel economy is really bad for a four cylinder. Don't forget this is a turbo vehicle so you should be using premium grade fuel which costs even more. If you are concerned with fuel prices get a 4 cylinder with no turbo that produces 170HP. This thing is a beast. It could have used a few more ponies.