2010 Mazda CX-7 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Move over BMW, Lexus and

2010 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Review

Move over BMW, Lexus and Infinity.
By Wikoli on

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded an '09 Santa Fe: ran well but unexciting & subpar fit & finish (another review). Improvements on the '10 CX-7 GT are significant, and and are the reason we purchased. And hopefully Mazda's addressed all issues (A/C compressor, turbo, ride, quietness, MPG etc.). I find this car a lot of fun to drive, and the new interior is very nice. Think you'd have to buy BMW, Infinity or Lexus to meet or beat this thing. Got the Red on light leather and it looks fantastic. Some turbo lag, but you have to drive it right. Finese it, and once it's rolling, it flies. It does have road noise on rough roads, but worth the trade-off for great handling. Hopefully it's reliable 'cause I'm I'm lovin' it.

Favorite Features

Excellent fit & finish, beautiful interior, good Bose SS, great handling,gorgeous gauges (electo- lumenicient), center stack, nav & info displays, very comfortable, HQ leather seats, decent mpg (first tank 21.5 mpg mixed), front "predator" styling, cool 19" wheels, sports steering wheel, B/U cam.

Suggested Improvements

Disclosure: Not a family car: Lacks front, center and door storage. Noisy on poor roads. Nav needs update from I hear '07-'08, my house isn't on it. (coming in March? Hopefully free!). For me, very minor things compared to the high end nature and performance of this car for the money. I say WOW!