Happy with Mazda
By srmbaker on
2010 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
Planned to by a Chevy Equinox but after I test drove the Mazda CX-7 I was torn. After reading many reviews, consumer complaints and recall information Mazda pulled ahead. The Chevy had more creature comforts but the fear of spending that much money on a vehicle that might be a plush piece of crap made me nervous. The Mazda was everything I wanted and needed. It had a solidness to it that felt like quality. Maybe not plush or overdone with gadgets but it had a good simple design and seemed well thought out. I wasn't buying a car that was in every third houses garage. If I wanted to resell, that would help. Plus, every time I did see one going down the road. I smiled. I like how it looks.
Favorite Features
I love how solid the car drives. You never notice it shifting, only the rpm. Looks sharp from the outside and sporty on the inside.
Suggested Improvements
The center console is great. It provides a locked storage space for large items as well as a tray for easy retrieval of the small items. But I have found it a bit awkward to open as the driver. It is only a minor issue but still one I did notice.