Great Urban Vehicle
By Anonymous on
2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
I stepped out of a custom F-150 xlt with all the power and none of the economy to this. I moved from the country to the city and this thing does exactly what I need it to. Front wheel drive with traction control for Cleveland winters. Fold down rear seat for those few times I need a little more room. It doesn't look like every other ride on the road. The 2.5L engine is spunky enough to merge from short access lanes w/o worrying about getting rolled over by whoever bought my old truck. It parks easier in the big city, it gets better gas mileage, it is comfortable on trips (I've taken 2 to NC so far) and it has enough ground clearance to drive over a parking lot curb...totally by accident ;-)
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, 8-way pwr drivers seat, heated seats (28 degrees this AM), one touch down (and up) windows, spunky engine, Black Cherry color. As for the lack of automatic headlights..just leave 'em on..they shut off 30 secs after you park. Call 'em a safety feature...daytime running lights.
Suggested Improvements
A manual transmission for those of us that like the whole gear jammin' experience. It has the manual mode, but not pushing a clutch while shifting in and out of gears in an "H" pattern just isn't the same for those of us that gave up our macho rides for practicality.