Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks on
2010 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)
The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar! It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.
Favorite Features
The CX7's 4 cylinder engine is impressive and responded similar to my V6 Cougar. That's really the only thing I would give it praise for.
Suggested Improvements
The road noise is annoying as others have mentioned. The air conditioning is weak. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. The "sporty" steering is WAY to sensitive - any slight move will send the vehicle shooting off in that direction, it's constantly shifting from one side of the lane to the other on the interstate. It has horrible blind spots all around. While sitting in the car you can't see the edge of the front end so when pulling into a tight spot, you have to just "wing it" and hope you don't hit anything. And one last thing, I hate the 3 prong steering wheel - that is exactly where I want to rest my hand when cruising along on the interstate.