An actual fun SUV
By MrMiata on
2010 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have been a long time Mazda fanatic and when the time came to purchase a new SUV, I first looked at the CX-7. I got exactly what I expected, a fun to drive car that's still practical and not out of the average consumer's price range. There are a lot of features on the S Touring but they should include a few more. The Grand Touring is only 5k more and has way more features. I am still satisfied with the purchase. Styling is great! I find that people like to stop me and talk about my CX-7 way more than my Miata, which I didn't think was possible. Ride quality is decent considering that it is a sport SUV. It has been worth every penny. Build quality is good for the price.
Favorite Features
Great handling, fast but not overwhelming acceleration, decent ride quality despite the sport suspension. Gas mileage is good for a heavy, turbo AWD vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Xenon headlights should be available with the Touring trim. Rear styling should match the front. One or two more inches of legroom, but not bad for a small crossover. Road noise can be slightly loud on rough roads.