Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Excellent SUV!
By Joe

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Awesome SUV for the money, great options, awesome styling. Non-turbo motor has adequate power for most needs - strains a little w/ 4 passengers and luggage. Gets right at 30mpg on this highway, smooth quiet ride. OEM tires not the best in snow but excellent traction/stability control keeps the vehicle on track. iSport w/ convenience package is a terrific value. Adding factory fog lights makes the front end much better looking - too much empty black plastic areas on the front bumper w/o the fog lights.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, backup camera, sunroof, steering wheel controls, dash displays, automatic climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights should be standard on more models - makes the vehicle look much better. Cargo cover and rear bumper guard are also great add-ons to have.

An actual fun SUV
By MrMiata

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a long time Mazda fanatic and when the time came to purchase a new SUV, I first looked at the CX-7. I got exactly what I expected, a fun to drive car that's still practical and not out of the average consumer's price range. There are a lot of features on the S Touring but they should include a few more. The Grand Touring is only 5k more and has way more features. I am still satisfied with the purchase. Styling is great! I find that people like to stop me and talk about my CX-7 way more than my Miata, which I didn't think was possible. Ride quality is decent considering that it is a sport SUV. It has been worth every penny. Build quality is good for the price.

Favorite Features

Great handling, fast but not overwhelming acceleration, decent ride quality despite the sport suspension. Gas mileage is good for a heavy, turbo AWD vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Xenon headlights should be available with the Touring trim. Rear styling should match the front. One or two more inches of legroom, but not bad for a small crossover. Road noise can be slightly loud on rough roads.

Great Handling. Poor gas mileage.
By kevin

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car looks OK from the exterior. The interior, solid handling and options sold me. Car is loaded with great options (back up camera, bluetooth, satellite radio, 6-CD changer, nice leather, AWD, steering wheel mounted controls) all for just under 30K. Better handling and less $$ than the Acura RDX which I also considered. I live in a relatively hilly area and so far I am averaging less than 16 MPG in city driving after my first 3 tanks of gas. I hope this improves as the car breaks in.

Favorite Features

Interior is very nice. Seats are very comfortable and the layout of the controls is nice.

Suggested Improvements

So far the gas mileage is awful. My wife's 2005 Volvo XC90 gets better mileage.

Never would expect it
By Gerry

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I went out and searched the usual crossovers. Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Chevy, and GMC were all good cars, but when we slipped behind the wheel of the Mazda CX-7 we were sold! This car beats the others hands down in quality, performance, and style. The biggest part that sold us on it, however, was the technology. Navigation, back-up camera, Bluetooth for hands-free calling... even the Bose stereo sounded better than all the competition. We are not "hard-core" off-roaders so the sleek metro styling and clean design made it a great choice over some other "poser" crossovers. I am very impressed with this car.

Favorite Features

Hands-free phone through the bluetooth, easy to use controls, High class interior, sleek styling, great handling, optional IPOD integration, Smart-key keyless entry is wonderful. Too many features to list...

Suggested Improvements

People will say gas mileage, but we average 21 mpg (70% city 30% hwy) and for a turbo-charged all wheel drive vehicle you can't expect the moon. For a smooth ride fully capable All-wheel-drive turbo I feel it is a great choice for those that want a crossover that "has it all".

2nd CX7
By knickg1

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2nd CX7 and I love the redesign for 2010. At first I thought what is with the mini navigation screen, but I will admit it's highly functional and actually easier to use than the full touch screen the 07 has. More bang for buck than a Murano or Venza and much better styling than a CR-V or Rav4. Saved a lot of Money staying with Mazda and not sacrificing any amenities in the process.

Favorite Features

Mini-Nav, Turbo Lag has been addressed, Leather seats look high quality and feel. Front redesigned grill looks great!

Suggested Improvements

Needs USB connection and better fuel economy