2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
By Wendie on 04/12/10 07:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I spent 2 months shopping for a SUV. I narrowed it down to the Nissan Rouge, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Kia Sorento. The Mazda was my favorite for handling, reliability, and looks. It's sassy and provides power to ease in and out of Atlanta traffic. The CX- 7 has sleek lines and doesn't have that boxey SUV look (like the Sorento and Santa Fe). The cargo area is large enough to accommodate my 2 sheepdogs. I've owned a couple of American made SUVs and Mazda blows their doors off.

Luxury feel without the high price!
By lisa on 04/11/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My husband and I test drove the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 but didn't like the feel or excessive cabin noise. Although those vehicles had nice features, we wanted something that offered a balance of comfort, smooth ride, and great fuel economy. We decided to test drive the CX7 and fell in love. We were both surprised at how smooth the ride was and the build quality was fantastic! The cabin is also so well insulated that we didn't even need to turn up the volume on the radio while driving on the freeway! Needless to say, we drove off with our new CX7 completely satisfied with our purchase.

Great car
By s.marie on 03/10/10 06:43 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2010 Mazda CX-7 AWD Touring for about two weeks now and I adore it. I test drove just about every crossover/SUV and just kept coming back to this one due to the sleek styling and the fun handling. Nothing else in this price range compares to it. I love this car!

Great Sports SUV
By SriDevi on 03/04/10 13:27 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Straight out of the showroom, this sweet engine gave me 27.8 mpg while driving both city and highway miles. It's gutsy, sleek, well made, and exceptionally responsive. Compared the Scion, Honda Element, Rav4, Mazda 3, Saturn Vue, and chose this car. My expectations are high and it delivers. At my fingertips are great, useful features, plus it earns high safety scores, and has excellent cargo room. I've owned pickups, vans, station wagons, a jag. This vehicle capitalizes on the best features of each of them. It's sporty, handles on dime, can haul big stuff, has plenty of guts. Cuts through Michigan's snow, doesn't lose it's grip on slippery roads. I'm so happy I bought a CX7!

Reliable Mid Size SUV - Almost Perfect
By phoenix131281 on 03/01/10 08:33 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Mazda has got it right. CX-7 is a reliable compact SUV. Drive feels solid. Much work & thought has been done on the interiors. Very well placed buttons. Good Cargo space. I have owned the car for 3 weeks and it is a pleasure to drive the car.

Move over BMW, Lexus and Infinity.
By Wikoli on 02/27/10 09:53 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded an '09 Santa Fe: ran well but unexciting & subpar fit & finish (another review). Improvements on the '10 CX-7 GT are significant, and and are the reason we purchased. And hopefully Mazda's addressed all issues (A/C compressor, turbo, ride, quietness, MPG etc.). I find this car a lot of fun to drive, and the new interior is very nice. Think you'd have to buy BMW, Infinity or Lexus to meet or beat this thing. Got the Red on light leather and it looks fantastic. Some turbo lag, but you have to drive it right. Finese it, and once it's rolling, it flies. It does have road noise on rough roads, but worth the trade-off for great handling. Hopefully it's reliable 'cause I'm I'm lovin' it.

Awesome ride!
By M Parker on 02/20/10 20:46 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my BMW X3 for the CX7 Sport with the 4 cylinder engine. I test drove the CRV and the RAV4 and felt the CRV had a very rough ride and the RAV4 didn't appeal to me. My CX7 rides and drives as well as my BMW did and handles great. I went on a road trip today and averaged 28.7 mpg with the A/C on. I am very impressed with the entire package. I love the looks of CX7 and although the 4 cylinder engine might not be "peppy" enough for some, it is perfect for me. I would suggest this vehicle to anyone and am most pleased with my choice.

True Value for Money - Best Compact SUV
By dfordhiraj on 02/18/10 22:16 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After looking at Honda CR-V, RAV4, Nissan Rouge & Mazda CX-7, the CX-7 is the best value for money compact SUV. It has a solid engine, which gives decent power with a good mileage for an SUV. Acceleration is smooth. The car has a solid build feel. The seats have a high quality cloth material. My daughter spilled carrot juice, but the juice didn't seep in the seats and we were able to wipe it off. The steering has all the possible controls for the sound system. It has got by far the best interior. The dashboard is pretty well designed. It has enough space in the trunk. All in all the SUV is a nice pleasant car to drive in town and across long distances.

Buyers Remorse
By Kathy Smith on 02/08/10 13:04 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Where to begin... Come on Mazda, where is the power? It's like riding on a skate board. The stereo is terrible, the ride is stiff and you feel every bump, the seats are uncomfortable. I could go on and on. I am very unhappy with this vehicle.

Exciting
By Bob on 02/06/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought and find it to be the most exciting car since my brand new 1964 Austin Healey. Been through a lot of cars between. We are talking style and driving fun. I'm certain it will be much more dependable according to everything I have read. Love it inside and out. All talk about seat sizes in back and cargo area are alright since design is so great.