Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great Urban Vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I stepped out of a custom F-150 xlt with all the power and none of the economy to this. I moved from the country to the city and this thing does exactly what I need it to. Front wheel drive with traction control for Cleveland winters. Fold down rear seat for those few times I need a little more room. It doesn't look like every other ride on the road. The 2.5L engine is spunky enough to merge from short access lanes w/o worrying about getting rolled over by whoever bought my old truck. It parks easier in the big city, it gets better gas mileage, it is comfortable on trips (I've taken 2 to NC so far) and it has enough ground clearance to drive over a parking lot curb...totally by accident ;-)

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, 8-way pwr drivers seat, heated seats (28 degrees this AM), one touch down (and up) windows, spunky engine, Black Cherry color. As for the lack of automatic headlights..just leave 'em on..they shut off 30 secs after you park. Call 'em a safety feature...daytime running lights.

Suggested Improvements

A manual transmission for those of us that like the whole gear jammin' experience. It has the manual mode, but not pushing a clutch while shifting in and out of gears in an "H" pattern just isn't the same for those of us that gave up our macho rides for practicality.

No regret
By lovetodrive

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Reviewed CRV/RV4/Forester/Rogue. We were impressed by CX7's refinement, material quality, style, handling, and features. I mean, where else can you find another CSUV with back-up camera, auto A/C, sun roof, power/heated seats, and bluetooth all for $25K? Considering its relatively larger exterior size, CX7 should have a more competetive interior room, but it fulfills our needs. As for the engine, it is fairly smooth, and the power feels no worse than the others in its class, but there is defintely room for improvement if you have a more demanding commute. For the price, it is hard to ask for more. Did I mention it looks stunning?

Favorite Features

Long list of features. Has the style of a $40+k car. Fun to drive. Crash test score. Bluetooth. Rear view monitor.

Suggested Improvements

More storage cubbies (for sun glasses, coins, etc). Rear leg room. More zoom- zoom. MPG. USB connection.

left stranded
By frustrated

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

had a mazda 3 before and now wanted something bigger. transmission and turbo charger went in the first 6 weeks. mazda did replace the vehicle, (very nice customer service there), but the 2nd one is in the shop getting the turbo charger replaced for the 2nd time. anyone else having troubles?

Favorite Features

nicely laid out. lots of options.

Suggested Improvements

more options for seat heating. sunglass holder.

3rd Mazda and Loving It!
By Ashlee

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My husband and I just purchased a new 2010 CX-7 a few days ago and couldn't be happier with it. We traded our 2007 Mazda 6 to get a bigger vehicle. We never had any problems with the 6 and have always been happy with the service we have gotten from Mazda. I love the look and feel of this SUV. I had test drove a 2010 Lexus RX350, and liked the CX-7 a lot more. I am hoping once the car is broken in the MPG will get better. We also own a 2009 Mazda 6 s GT with a V6 in it and that is getting better MPG then the CX-7. Love the backup cam!

Favorite Features

Technology! Nav, blind spot mon., bose sound system, back up cam, bluetooth, auto lights, and rain sensing window wipers. Love the sportyness.

Suggested Improvements

Hoping for better MPG with time, but it is not terrible for a turbo charged engine.

Awesome
By timlaine

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Researched and looked at all the rest including Honda, Nissan and Ford. Hands down this is the most bang for the buck. Very impressed. Great looks and very smooth and responsive.

Favorite Features

Fantastic curb appeal. Lots of compliments. In fact a co-worker purchased one after riding in mine. I do look forward to driving it every day. Fits like a glove.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a bit more HP? Although not a show stopper by any means.