2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Great Handling. Poor gas mileage.
By kevin on 07/04/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car looks OK from the exterior. The interior, solid handling and options sold me. Car is loaded with great options (back up camera, bluetooth, satellite radio, 6-CD changer, nice leather, AWD, steering wheel mounted controls) all for just under 30K. Better handling and less $$ than the Acura RDX which I also considered. I live in a relatively hilly area and so far I am averaging less than 16 MPG in city driving after my first 3 tanks of gas. I hope this improves as the car breaks in.

Never would expect it
By Gerry on 06/15/10 08:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I went out and searched the usual crossovers. Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Chevy, and GMC were all good cars, but when we slipped behind the wheel of the Mazda CX-7 we were sold! This car beats the others hands down in quality, performance, and style. The biggest part that sold us on it, however, was the technology. Navigation, back-up camera, Bluetooth for hands-free calling... even the Bose stereo sounded better than all the competition. We are not "hard-core" off-roaders so the sleek metro styling and clean design made it a great choice over some other "poser" crossovers. I am very impressed with this car.

2nd CX7
By knickg1 on 06/09/10 11:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2nd CX7 and I love the redesign for 2010. At first I thought what is with the mini navigation screen, but I will admit it's highly functional and actually easier to use than the full touch screen the 07 has. More bang for buck than a Murano or Venza and much better styling than a CR-V or Rav4. Saved a lot of Money staying with Mazda and not sacrificing any amenities in the process.

Awesome crossover
By carter on 06/04/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This SUV is one really good value for the money. It has great performance that provides excellent acceleration. It's very comfortable and the seats are very well put together. They have withstood my 6 year old child and all of his spills and damages. The SUV could have better fuel economy, but its better then most American crossovers. My Mazda is my favorite car that I have owned, and I have been through quite a bit of cars. My entire family loves how the car looks and what the inside looks like. The build quality is great too. Since I haven't had it very long, I don't know its reliability but I'm sure it will last me a very long time. Thanks Mazda

MY CX-7
By Abhishek on 05/27/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX-7 was in an accident which blew out both of my left tires. I did not even feel a jerk during the whole collision. My 2 yr old daughter and wife were also in the car and none of them felt anything except a loud noise. The CX-7 proved itself to be an excellent choice. It is rock solid SUV that handles extremely well and shows well.

LOVE my new CX7!
By Juraszek on 05/26/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got my new CX7 2 weeks ago, and I'm already a Mazda convert. I test drove 8 models of various cars before I decided on this one. If you live in an urban area, make sure you get the turbo engine for getting on the freeway. The car is nimble and handles really well. The interior is really nice for the price point as well. I test drove the Rogue, Outback, Forrester, Soul, VW Tiguan, etc. The Mazda blew me away and I wasn't expecting much. It is far and away the best performing vehicle in this class, gas mileage could be a bit better, but I'd rather be ALIVE and pay an extra $200 a year in gas money, than be squished beneath a giant truck. Great car, well worth the money!

Great Car!
By Anita on 05/18/10 04:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the cx7 just before New Years after much research with Crossovers. Couldn't beat the financing deal offered at that time which was probably the decision maker. This car is fun to drive with decent gas mileage. Wish the back seat had some more room. It is tight even putting items down on the floor behind the front seats at times & when putting down the back seats to load something large in the back hatch the front seats always need to be adjusted up for the back seats to go down flat. Just a little tight back there. A little more window space would be nice to in the back seats. People say it's dark and tight when riding back there.

Worth the Wait
By kerrot on 04/24/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I just love my new CX-7! It drives so smooth. It is getting great gas mileage for a suv. I am averaging 25 mpg with combined city and highway driving. The 166 hsp engine has enough pep for my needs. I would recommend taking a look at this vehicle if you are in the market for a suv.

Worth Every Penny
By kevin on 04/15/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This pup has exceeded every single possible thing I thought would be a problem , power , mileage , handling and overall reliability - Mazda hit the nail on the head by doing so real r&d on this outstanding ride

By Wendie on 04/12/10 07:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I spent 2 months shopping for a SUV. I narrowed it down to the Nissan Rouge, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Kia Sorento. The Mazda was my favorite for handling, reliability, and looks. It's sassy and provides power to ease in and out of Atlanta traffic. The CX- 7 has sleek lines and doesn't have that boxey SUV look (like the Sorento and Santa Fe). The cargo area is large enough to accommodate my 2 sheepdogs. I've owned a couple of American made SUVs and Mazda blows their doors off.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-7 Suv in VA is:

$131 per month*