Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 s Touring SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

2010 Mazda CX-7 Misery
By tbeursken

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchaed a new CX-7 in Sept 2010. There are major flaws you need to be aware of before you buy. I learned the hard way and ended up trading the vehicle for a Nissan Murano. 1. Excessive road noise during highway driving. My wife & I commented to each other we needed ear plugs to drown out the tire noise. Apparently, Mazda did not sound proof the undercarriage. 2. Air conditioning is inadequate during hot summer days. We live in Georgia where the summers get hot, and the air conditioning system in this car can't keep up, not even close. So between the road noise and lack of a good air conditioner, the comfort factor is very poor, so poor I had trade the vehice.

Shame on you Mazda

Zoom Zoom
By cfrantz84

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Wife and I love are new CX-7. We were very impressed with the performance style. We test drove the Nissan Murano and the Ford Escape but none of the two got are attention like the CX-7 did. For the money you cant beat this SUV. I can honestly say this is really the first car that we just enjoy driving. All I can say is ZOOM ZOOM

Definitely the Turbo and Handling

Wish that we could have bought 2. One for my wife and one for me.

First Mazda
By GetReal

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Drove the Honda CR-V, nice drive train but too small. The Subaru Forester has the best interior quality but needs another gear. The Mitsubishi Outlander tested fine except for the (cheap) Goodyear tires which gave every Outlander the shakes,the interior quality and design is a nightmare, other than that loved the power-train. The Ford Edge is way over priced and the Chevy Equinox is expensive and plain ugly. None pleased me for the money until we tested the CX-7 which has the looks, drive-train with the turbo and 6 speed is very smooth and feels like a strong six. The interior is nice and the exterior is very nice also. The Mazda for the money was best, finally after three years of looking

Exterior looks great with a very nice interior layout and design. Good quality inside and out. For the money beats the competition and wish the rest would get their act together as the Mazda has the complete package.

Reduce the road noise with more undercoating.

An actual fun SUV
By MrMiata

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a long time Mazda fanatic and when the time came to purchase a new SUV, I first looked at the CX-7. I got exactly what I expected, a fun to drive car that's still practical and not out of the average consumer's price range. There are a lot of features on the S Touring but they should include a few more. The Grand Touring is only 5k more and has way more features. I am still satisfied with the purchase. Styling is great! I find that people like to stop me and talk about my CX-7 way more than my Miata, which I didn't think was possible. Ride quality is decent considering that it is a sport SUV. It has been worth every penny. Build quality is good for the price.

Great handling, fast but not overwhelming acceleration, decent ride quality despite the sport suspension. Gas mileage is good for a heavy, turbo AWD vehicle.

Xenon headlights should be available with the Touring trim. Rear styling should match the front. One or two more inches of legroom, but not bad for a small crossover. Road noise can be slightly loud on rough roads.

LOVE my new CX7!
By Juraszek

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got my new CX7 2 weeks ago, and I'm already a Mazda convert. I test drove 8 models of various cars before I decided on this one. If you live in an urban area, make sure you get the turbo engine for getting on the freeway. The car is nimble and handles really well. The interior is really nice for the price point as well. I test drove the Rogue, Outback, Forrester, Soul, VW Tiguan, etc. The Mazda blew me away and I wasn't expecting much. It is far and away the best performing vehicle in this class, gas mileage could be a bit better, but I'd rather be ALIVE and pay an extra $200 a year in gas money, than be squished beneath a giant truck. Great car, well worth the money!

Great interior design, front hood design, TURBO engine

They should think about making the back end of the car a little flashier. If the passenger seat could have electric adjustment, that would be great. Most of all, bring the ADJUSTABLE seat heaters into this model. At this price point, we deserve them. If the Mazda 3 gets them, so do we!