2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks on 12/08/12 06:55 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar! It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.

My first NEW CAR AND I LOVE IT
By demartini on 09/10/11 14:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car bought it on Nov 2010 brand new, i got the Stormy Blue and in the night it looks like Black, 360 degrees i love my car in the outside and inside. Very reliable never had an issue with my car as of yet. i have recommended Mazda to all my friends of just how reliable my car is. She is perfect!

LOVE IT!!!!!!
By demartini on 01/11/11 17:09 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I totaly love my car i have had it for 1 1/2 months and no problems, i get compliments with its looks soo hot, inside and out is perfect. The AC is cold and the heater works very good too on the cold days. The radio is very good, the interior is very comfortable it still smells like new. On the highway you cant really hear outside. The black interior is very good and comfortable. I completely love my car she is the best.

Happy with Mazda
By srmbaker on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Planned to by a Chevy Equinox but after I test drove the Mazda CX-7 I was torn. After reading many reviews, consumer complaints and recall information Mazda pulled ahead. The Chevy had more creature comforts but the fear of spending that much money on a vehicle that might be a plush piece of crap made me nervous. The Mazda was everything I wanted and needed. It had a solidness to it that felt like quality. Maybe not plush or overdone with gadgets but it had a good simple design and seemed well thought out. I wasn't buying a car that was in every third houses garage. If I wanted to resell, that would help. Plus, every time I did see one going down the road. I smiled. I like how it looks.

So far I like it
By wilmeland on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle a little more than a month. Initially was a little concerned that it might be a little underpowered, but that is not the case. Transmission and engine combination seem to get the most in terms of performance and MPG. Handles nicely. Only concern may be the stock tires. They ride ok & no issues so far, but when I replace, would probably look at something with a little wider foot print. Interior nicely laid out and comfortable for up to 4 adults. Stock stereo is decent with a little reduction in bass and treble settings. Back seat legroom is the only area where it's a little tight, but acceptable. All in all, fun to drive and a lot of bang for the buck.

OK But
By Bill Kober on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Vehicle ride is fair, pronounced road noise on less than well paved roads. Cabin is roomy, power with the 4 cyl is adequate. Rear seats do not fold flat, which I find annoying. Gas mileage should be better for the size of the vehicle.

Pleasantly surprised
By Dan on 08/25/10 15:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased in January to drive to Florida. Great mileage on the hgwy & around town. No problems so far. Very comfortable on my bad back even without lumbar support. Handles well & is relatively quiet. Would recommend to others to buy.

By Wendie on 04/12/10 07:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I spent 2 months shopping for a SUV. I narrowed it down to the Nissan Rouge, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Kia Sorento. The Mazda was my favorite for handling, reliability, and looks. It's sassy and provides power to ease in and out of Atlanta traffic. The CX- 7 has sleek lines and doesn't have that boxey SUV look (like the Sorento and Santa Fe). The cargo area is large enough to accommodate my 2 sheepdogs. I've owned a couple of American made SUVs and Mazda blows their doors off.

Great Sports SUV
By SriDevi on 03/04/10 13:27 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Straight out of the showroom, this sweet engine gave me 27.8 mpg while driving both city and highway miles. It's gutsy, sleek, well made, and exceptionally responsive. Compared the Scion, Honda Element, Rav4, Mazda 3, Saturn Vue, and chose this car. My expectations are high and it delivers. At my fingertips are great, useful features, plus it earns high safety scores, and has excellent cargo room. I've owned pickups, vans, station wagons, a jag. This vehicle capitalizes on the best features of each of them. It's sporty, handles on dime, can haul big stuff, has plenty of guts. Cuts through Michigan's snow, doesn't lose it's grip on slippery roads. I'm so happy I bought a CX7!

Reliable Mid Size SUV - Almost Perfect
By phoenix131281 on 03/01/10 08:33 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Mazda has got it right. CX-7 is a reliable compact SUV. Drive feels solid. Much work & thought has been done on the interiors. Very well placed buttons. Good Cargo space. I have owned the car for 3 weeks and it is a pleasure to drive the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-7 Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*