Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 i SV SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great family car with sporty look!
By Sebastian

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I loved driving the car for long and short distance rides with my wife and 15 month old son. The big light truck tires are exactly what you need on Michigan roads with tons of potholes. The car is quite heavy, but still handling was great in all whether conditions. I was driving on wet streets, in ice and snow (having snow tires) and always felt a bit ahead of the other guys, because the car is very stable.

Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar!
It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.

The CX7's 4 cylinder engine is impressive and responded similar to my V6 Cougar. That's really the only thing I would give it praise for.

The road noise is annoying as others have mentioned. The air conditioning is weak. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. The "sporty" steering is WAY to sensitive - any slight move will send the vehicle shooting off in that direction, it's constantly shifting from one side of the lane to the other on the interstate. It has horrible blind spots all around. While sitting in the car you can't see the edge of the front end so when pulling into a tight spot, you have to just "wing it" and hope you don't hit anything. And one last thing, I hate the 3 prong steering wheel - that is exactly where I want to rest my hand when cruising along on the interstate.

My first NEW CAR AND I LOVE IT
By demartini

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car bought it on Nov 2010 brand new, i got the Stormy Blue and in the night it looks like Black, 360 degrees i love my car in the outside and inside. Very reliable never had an issue with my car as of yet. i have recommended Mazda to all my friends of just how reliable my car is. She is perfect!

The interior is just wonderful, i love the orange lighting on the dashboard, the front exterior is my favorite from the outside. But overall i love everything! The cargo space is amazing, do not be fulled there is plenty of room i did my moving in this car which included, bed room, sectional sofa, table and much more.

Right now nothing, maybe if the radio says the name of the station and the name of the song being played. But other than that nothing at all.

LOVE IT!!!!!!
By demartini

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I totaly love my car i have had it for 1 1/2 months and no problems, i get compliments with its looks soo hot, inside and out is perfect. The AC is cold and the heater works very good too on the cold days. The radio is very good, the interior is very comfortable it still smells like new. On the highway you cant really hear outside. The black interior is very good and comfortable. I completely love my car she is the best.

Radio, the exterior/interior design, the inside lights in orange love it.

For now everything is fine.

Happy with Mazda
By srmbaker

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Planned to by a Chevy Equinox but after I test drove the Mazda CX-7 I was torn. After reading many reviews, consumer complaints and recall information Mazda pulled ahead. The Chevy had more creature comforts but the fear of spending that much money on a vehicle that might be a plush piece of crap made me nervous. The Mazda was everything I wanted and needed. It had a solidness to it that felt like quality. Maybe not plush or overdone with gadgets but it had a good simple design and seemed well thought out. I wasn't buying a car that was in every third houses garage. If I wanted to resell, that would help. Plus, every time I did see one going down the road. I smiled. I like how it looks.

I love how solid the car drives. You never notice it shifting, only the rpm. Looks sharp from the outside and sporty on the inside.

The center console is great. It provides a locked storage space for large items as well as a tray for easy retrieval of the small items. But I have found it a bit awkward to open as the driver. It is only a minor issue but still one I did notice.