Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great SUV, except for the headlights
By texastownhall

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Had it for 4 years 65K miles. Great car, handling and space, except headlight issues. In addition to bulb going out several times, in 4 years, dim headlights. Took it to the dealer and they said, the discolored dim is actually inside and it is due to angle design of headlights and the heat from the bulbs. Only solution was to pay $1,500 new headlights. I was mad as is is Mazda design issue not something I did wrong. I drove it as is until couple fender bender at night and hitting the curve at night all due to dim headlights. Asked dealer about warranty if I do get it fixed. 1 year and problem may be back. I sold it as it was getting too dangerous. I will never buy another Mazda.

Handling, size, gas mileage.

Headlights. If Mazda knew it is a design issue, fix it at no charge, not charge $1,500 and then warranty it for only 1 year.

So far so good
By sranco

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my CX7 for a little over a year now. So far so good. I bought it used with 97 000km (approx 60000miles) and we have enjoyed it very much. The interior is very well appointed, everything is where it should be and the truck makes you feel safe. Cargo space could be a little better, but we have more than enough room for the baby stroller and all our groceries. Performance is very good, the truck picks up and goes when you ask it too, but it's no racecar that's for sure. Cabin is a little noisy but getting a decent set of tires will help that, I run 19 inch Yokohama Advan tires in the summer and there is barely any noise. I don't find the Bose sound system that good, the Bose system.

The engine. Don't forget this is a detuned MazdaSpeed3 engine. It has some decent power. The seats. They look good, feel good, and you always feel in control. It really is a nice cockpit.

Fuel economy is really bad for a four cylinder. Don't forget this is a turbo vehicle so you should be using premium grade fuel which costs even more. If you are concerned with fuel prices get a 4 cylinder with no turbo that produces 170HP. This thing is a beast. It could have used a few more ponies.

It was a good SUV until the Turbo went 2x
By johnnyg5454

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I enjoyed driving this truck everyday, until last year (2013) the turbo decided to quit. It started billowing smoke from the tailpipes. Luckily this was replaced under the warranty. Fast forward 9 months and 2000 miles over warranty the turbo goes again and Mazda refuses to pay for the entire fix. A part they fixed fails not even a year after it was replaced. I was a loyal Mazda owner and was looking forward to purchasing another, not anymore.

Surprisingly fun family car
By rac20585

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, it was a necessary "downsizing" for me from a GMC Acadia (basically I took what I could get to get my payments more affordable). I didn't expect to like it; it was just something I bought to "get me by." Well, to my surprise, I am now a Mazda customer for life! This car has been very reliable, affordable, and fun to drive. Everything on the interior is clean and easy to use, and I think the exterior has a nice look to it as well. My family is growing so I am now taking advantage of the Mazda loyalty program to get a nice discount on the bigger CX-9. So glad I made this purchase!

Acceleration and handling, steering wheel controls for volume, radio, etc., good sound system, smooth ride

They no longer make this model so n/a

Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar! It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.

The CX7's 4 cylinder engine is impressive and responded similar to my V6 Cougar. That's really the only thing I would give it praise for.

The road noise is annoying as others have mentioned. The air conditioning is weak. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. The "sporty" steering is WAY to sensitive - any slight move will send the vehicle shooting off in that direction, it's constantly shifting from one side of the lane to the other on the interstate. It has horrible blind spots all around. While sitting in the car you can't see the edge of the front end so when pulling into a tight spot, you have to just "wing it" and hope you don't hit anything. And one last thing, I hate the 3 prong steering wheel - that is exactly where I want to rest my hand when cruising along on the interstate.