Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Great family car with sporty look!
By Sebastian

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I loved driving the car for long and short distance rides with my wife and 15 month old son. The big light truck tires are exactly what you need on Michigan roads with tons of potholes. The car is quite heavy, but still handling was great in all whether conditions. I was driving on wet streets, in ice and snow (having snow tires) and always felt a bit ahead of the other guys, because the car is very stable.

Fail!
By Lori

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2010 Mazda CX-7 new. I was generally satisfied, though pretty annoyed with the fact that I was constantly being pulled over and told that one of my headlights was out - like every couple of months. This turned out to be a "known issue" for Mazdas according to one of the garage mechanics I talked to because I wasn't about to go to the dealer to have them replaced at several hundreds of dollars (they take off the front bumper or something) - the guy at the garage would sometimes have to spend 20-30 minutes fiddling around to manipulate the gasket to replace the bulb, but they never charged for more than the cost of the bulb. Anyway, I religiously change the oil with synthetic per recommendations and yes, it has 108,000 miles on it now, but just 2 months ago I replaced the wheel bearings in the rear driver's left side and put new front brakes in it to the tune of $800+ at the dealer. So, it would have been nice to have a head's up that is a significant chance that the turbocharger might fail and that if it does that it could lead to catastrophic engine failure. But no, instead that happens on one of the coldest nights of the year during rush hour. And they can't tell me if the turbocharger failure resulted in a blown engine which means the car is basically a hunk of junk or not. The dealer recommends that rather than spending the money on replacing the turbocharger since he doesn't know if that will fix it, I look to trading it in. Well, NOT on another Mazda! Grrrrr.

CX-7 Heaven
By Alan O.

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We love the car for all its positives above. Cons: front pillar blind spots and so-so fuel economy. With current fuel prices however, no big deal.

Bad idea just saying
By Amber

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought one that has 80,000 sounds great right. Nope 6 months after having it turbo charger went out. Cost a pretty penny. Then because i drove on it to far the whole engine needed replaced. After 3 months in the shop i finally got my car back. Now when i drive the wheel alignment? sounds annoying. And makes werid jurk pulls while accelerating. I love this car but the problems that it comes with is disappointing. Wish you any luck with this car.

Great car except for headlights
By aj

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I could heady see at night driving this car. Poor visibility and very dangerous at night to drive