2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
So far so good
By sranco on 08/06/14 12:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my CX7 for a little over a year now. So far so good. I bought it used with 97 000km (approx 60000miles) and we have enjoyed it very much. The interior is very well appointed, everything is where it should be and the truck makes you feel safe. Cargo space could be a little better, but we have more than enough room for the baby stroller and all our groceries. Performance is very good, the truck picks up and goes when you ask it too, but it's no racecar that's for sure. Cabin is a little noisy but getting a decent set of tires will help that, I run 19 inch Yokohama Advan tires in the summer and there is barely any noise. I don't find the Bose sound system that good, the Bose system.

It was a good SUV until the Turbo went 2x
By johnnyg5454 on 06/04/14 17:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I enjoyed driving this truck everyday, until last year (2013) the turbo decided to quit. It started billowing smoke from the tailpipes. Luckily this was replaced under the warranty. Fast forward 9 months and 2000 miles over warranty the turbo goes again and Mazda refuses to pay for the entire fix. A part they fixed fails not even a year after it was replaced. I was a loyal Mazda owner and was looking forward to purchasing another, not anymore.

Surprisingly fun family car
By rac20585 on 06/27/13 14:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought this car, it was a necessary "downsizing" for me from a GMC Acadia (basically I took what I could get to get my payments more affordable). I didn't expect to like it; it was just something I bought to "get me by." Well, to my surprise, I am now a Mazda customer for life! This car has been very reliable, affordable, and fun to drive. Everything on the interior is clean and easy to use, and I think the exterior has a nice look to it as well. My family is growing so I am now taking advantage of the Mazda loyalty program to get a nice discount on the bigger CX-9. So glad I made this purchase!

Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks on 12/08/12 06:55 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar! It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.

2010 Mazda CX-7 Misery
By tbeursken on 11/24/11 16:24 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchaed a new CX-7 in Sept 2010. There are major flaws you need to be aware of before you buy. I learned the hard way and ended up trading the vehicle for a Nissan Murano. 1. Excessive road noise during highway driving. My wife & I commented to each other we needed ear plugs to drown out the tire noise. Apparently, Mazda did not sound proof the undercarriage. 2. Air conditioning is inadequate during hot summer days. We live in Georgia where the summers get hot, and the air conditioning system in this car can't keep up, not even close. So between the road noise and lack of a good air conditioner, the comfort factor is very poor, so poor I had trade the vehice.

My first NEW CAR AND I LOVE IT
By demartini on 09/10/11 14:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car bought it on Nov 2010 brand new, i got the Stormy Blue and in the night it looks like Black, 360 degrees i love my car in the outside and inside. Very reliable never had an issue with my car as of yet. i have recommended Mazda to all my friends of just how reliable my car is. She is perfect!

7 month owner
By tonyr5 on 06/15/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The biggest negatives I can find with the cx7 is the back seat needing more leg room, my a/c isn't the coldest, and when blower is on 3+ it is loud, the ac vents could be a little bigger for more air blow, the black material seats and black thruout the car is very hard to keep clean w/dust particles, and the hard plastic material in the back hatch scratches very easy, and the loud engine when accelerating, head room is a little low, and low ceiling when loading larger items in the back hatch & could use a little more open console room. the pros are it is really comfortable to drive on long trips, turning capablility in a parking spot is awesome, solid ride, decent gas milage on the hwy.

Do Not Buy This Vehicle
By cebieb on 02/05/11 08:37 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2010 Mazda CX-7 blew the turbocharger at 5,600 miles. It took more than a week to repair, and it hasn't run right since. I traded it in, because of concerns for my safety. It's a nicely styled, beautifully appointed car, but after I bought it, I discovered that problems with the turbocharger are relatively common. It also doesn't hold resale value. It was difficult to trade it in, and the whole thing cost me about $9,000.

Great SUV
By skorste on 02/04/11 18:35 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've been driving the CX7 for 2 months. It's been driven through a foot of snow-no problem. Iced over roads- no problem. Heavy rain- no problem. The AWD has performed awesome. The leather interior is very comfortable, sound system is good, and the heated seats are nice. Been getting 19-20 mpg with 50/50 city/highway driving. The turbo is a blast. When I need it to move quickly, it does. Handling is as advertised. So far, it's been great.

Great Car
By d3signmoxie on 02/01/11 20:23 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-7 SUV s Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had mine for almost 2 months now. After heavy research & about 8 test drives of various cars, I decided on the CX7 because the exterior design was good and the interior design was GREAT. The turbo & sporty performance was instantly fun to drive. AWD rules in the snow. Gas mileage is the only real negative for the car. If the mileage were improved I would say the car is a 10 value. Due to the mileage I give the car a 7.5. It is also a little harsh on bumps. All that being said though, for the price, it is a great value; a lot of features in a very nice package. I drove an audi a6 before so I wanted something with a pleasant interior that reminded me of the audi and this accomplishes

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-7 Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*