Used 2010 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Most Helpful|
It was a good SUV until the Turbo went 2x
By johnnyg5454

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I enjoyed driving this truck everyday, until last year (2013) the turbo decided to quit. It started billowing smoke from the tailpipes. Luckily this was replaced under the warranty. Fast forward 9 months and 2000 miles over warranty the turbo goes again and Mazda refuses to pay for the entire fix. A part they fixed fails not even a year after it was replaced. I was a loyal Mazda owner and was looking forward to purchasing another, not anymore.

Couldn't stand it!
By sunnyrocks

2010 Mazda CX-7 i SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The CX7 is a beautiful vehicle and that's what drew me in, but man do I regret buying it! This is the car that actually made me hate driving. I bought my CX7 new in 2010 when I had to retire my 2000 Cougar, which I had had for 10 years. I thought the CX7 would be a good fit for me since it kind of seemed like a bigger version of the Cougar! It took about 6 months for me to totally hate the CX7, but I had to keep it for 2 years before finally being able to afford trading it.

Favorite Features

The CX7's 4 cylinder engine is impressive and responded similar to my V6 Cougar. That's really the only thing I would give it praise for.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise is annoying as others have mentioned. The air conditioning is weak. The seats are uncomfortable on long trips. The "sporty" steering is WAY to sensitive - any slight move will send the vehicle shooting off in that direction, it's constantly shifting from one side of the lane to the other on the interstate. It has horrible blind spots all around. While sitting in the car you can't see the edge of the front end so when pulling into a tight spot, you have to just "wing it" and hope you don't hit anything. And one last thing, I hate the 3 prong steering wheel - that is exactly where I want to rest my hand when cruising along on the interstate.

2010 Mazda CX-7 Misery
By tbeursken

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchaed a new CX-7 in Sept 2010. There are major flaws you need to be aware of before you buy. I learned the hard way and ended up trading the vehicle for a Nissan Murano. 1. Excessive road noise during highway driving. My wife & I commented to each other we needed ear plugs to drown out the tire noise. Apparently, Mazda did not sound proof the undercarriage. 2. Air conditioning is inadequate during hot summer days. We live in Georgia where the summers get hot, and the air conditioning system in this car can't keep up, not even close. So between the road noise and lack of a good air conditioner, the comfort factor is very poor, so poor I had trade the vehice.

Favorite Features

Shame on you Mazda

Buyers Remorse
By Kathy Smith

2010 Mazda CX-7 i Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Where to begin... Come on Mazda, where is the power? It's like riding on a skate board. The stereo is terrible, the ride is stiff and you feel every bump, the seats are uncomfortable. I could go on and on. I am very unhappy with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Do Not Buy This Vehicle
By cebieb

2010 Mazda CX-7 s Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2010 Mazda CX-7 blew the turbocharger at 5,600 miles. It took more than a week to repair, and it hasn't run right since. I traded it in, because of concerns for my safety. It's a nicely styled, beautifully appointed car, but after I bought it, I discovered that problems with the turbocharger are relatively common. It also doesn't hold resale value. It was difficult to trade it in, and the whole thing cost me about $9,000.