Great CUV For Small Family
By Road Trip on
2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Great combination of sport and utility. This is my 2nd CX-7. Purchased my '09 CX-7 AWD Sport(w/Bose and sunroof)in March after completing a short term lease on an '07. Perfect vehicle for a small family or an adventurous couple. It's a car(?) I love to drive on a daily basis and it's fantastic for road trips.(I mounted a trailer hitch on mine and we take our bicycles with us on our trips.) Mileage was quite poor on my '07, but I still bought my '09. Surprisingly mileage is better on my '09. I get around 18-19mpg in local driving and as much as 24mpg in pure highway driving(w/premium). For a little under 23K this is a CUV that could compete with more more expensive vehicles.
Favorite Features
Great handling. Excellent braking. Bluetooth is awesome. Comfortable driving position.(I'm 6'4"-but nobody wants to sit behind me!!) Great Bose Stereo w/ Satellite Radio. Excellent utility. Security of AWD. Very good safety ratings.
Suggested Improvements
Needs telescoping wheel. Better mileage. Needs outside temperature gauge. More backseat leg room. Better OEM tires.