Used 2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

LOVE this car!
By Shawn

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been a loyal Honda customer for 6 years and had the intention of purchasing a Honda CR-V. The Mazda CX-7 is so much fun to drive, has more room than the CR-V, and is very sleek. The handling is awesome and is just a fantastic car for our growing family, including pets. LOVE this car! When push came to shove, Honda wouldn't come close on the price OR the financing. I think I have been converted to a Mazda driver and may not ever go back to Honda. Everyone who has ridden in this car says it rides like a feather, especially in the back seat. It has a huge space in the rear and is just an all-around great car that is so much fun to drive! The Mazda CX-7 is my new favorite car!

Fun to drive (Zoom Zoom!) Sleek interior, lots of room all-around (front, back, back storage) Love the look and the feel of driving this car. It gets better than the mileage advertised. We travel quite a bit and are getting about 25/26 miles to a gallon, which is great...comparable to the CR-V.

The head rests are a bit "hard" and have little cushion. Otherwise, an amazing car that doesn't need much improvement! A great car that is cheaper than the CR-V and is more fun to drive too! Many have mistaken our white CX-7 for a Lexus SUV because they look so similar.

So Far So Good
By desertrat

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After recently owning both Lexus and BMW, I decided to try a Mazda this time. Considering I had a questionable repair history with the fancy nameplates, what's the worst that could happen with Mazda? Well after 1800 miles, nothing. The vehicle is fun to drive, handles well and looks great. Only time will tell of course, but so far I have been impressed with the car.

Great acceleration and great looking. Handles well, Bose system and Bluetooth are flawless. Comfortable seats.

Need outside temp gauge and power passenger seat. Don't care for red dash lighting.

Outstanding performance
By RaceCarDriver1

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought this CX-7 this month. I am very excited about this SUV. Drives and handles great. Has a turbo 4 cylinder that feels like a V-8. Awesome power, especially when you need that extra boost to get on the freeway, or just changing lanes. The interior feels like a glove. Fully loaded was the way it came. Even have seat warmers and power seats. Has excellent sound system stock with mp3 and media connections. I Drove all the competions SUV's that were in it's class, however, this was the best by far for money, performance and style and comfort. Excellent SUV. I am very happy and I got a great deal below invoice!

Interior and the performance. For an SUV it gets excellent gas milege. I average 25-28 mpg so far. Depends on how often I drive in town. Just a great SUV with power everything.

More colors and brighter colors.