2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Engine problems
By bmjdlj on 04/14/10 11:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw no review about the VVT problem that is part of the CX7. This can be a very serious problem. To having the entire engine replaced. Symptoms: engine makes ticking/clacking noise when running and loud snap upon start up. My first trip to dealership was brushed off. Second trip, doing repairs.

No Regrets
By torchum on 02/16/10 06:19 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The wife purchased this vehicle and although it does not have the bells and whistles of an optioned model (sure wish it had a few more basic ones though) we are very pleased with it. Working with dealership on a few issues but over all very impressed. The 2009 motor vs the 2010 motor is night and day and the main reason for buying an 09

Mazda 2009 Sport
By Rick on 05/02/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Only have about 1500 miles on it. Broken in very easily and averaged 23.3 MPG mostly around town. Quality is excellent. I bought the least expensive Sport version, no bells and whistles to speak of. Had the dealer install a Sunroof and it works better than the factory. My suggestion, spend the extra money and get more extras. I drive a lot, 35K yearly, and probably made a mistake with the MPG but I knew what it was when I bought it. It is a blast to drive and has great acceleration around town. Zippy! Vehicle is tight with no squeaks or rattles and nothing has fallen off yet so things are good. I would recommend this vehicle.

fun to drive but window worries
By sue sellman on 04/26/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I researched this car for weeks before making my purchase (lease) in January of09. The car is so much fun to drive and is really a good looking vehicle- I have black on black. I have been having weird problems with the car, though. At first I thought it was driver error, but no. Occasionally when I would return to my locked vehicle I noticed the windows were half way down on the front, and the moon roof was partially opened. Once in a while after turning the key off the driver seat would automatically go back. Well, the window thing kept occurring so I took it to the deal and they replaced the main "brain modular". Now it is happening AGAIN!! Unsure on the quality of this vehicle!

2009 CX-7, 2-WD
By Zoomin 09 on 01/30/09 14:02 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring which I was leasing for an 09 CX-7 Sport. Purchased on a budget and certainly miss all the bells and whistles. However this is a fun car to drive considering what it is. Exterior styling is awesome but the interior is bland. There is considerable torque steer under moderate acceleration. After driving for a few days I wish I had spent the cash and upgraded to the Touring model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda CX-7 Suv in NJ is:

$194 per month*