Fun car to drive but too many issues.
By colgezgini on
2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I will edit this review with details; in a nut shell, it is very fun to drive, good steering and suspension response on all kind of roads. It is agile and has road holding that is better than all of its rivals. Its brakes are also impressive and despite they are little difficult to dose, stopping distance is beautiful. I am 6'7" and I fit inside comfortably. Actually, I have a friend who owns an BMW X6 and a 2010 CX-7 and he likes dynamics of CX-7 more than X6. His words are "CX-7 is like extension of my body, obeys all my orders perfectly".
Suggested Improvements
Now the complaints: 1- Terrible consumption. I like playing with my toy a lot, so if push turbo, my mileage goes as low as 15 mpg. Highway driving, I average 21 mpg if I drive around <80mpg 2- Material selection for interior is also terrible. Shiny plastic is easy to scratch and steering wheel leather is completely torn in less than 5 years. Color of plastic components on the cars is also faded. I also had a white smoke coming from my car but the dealer replaced the components after little fight. I understand that is was a design error.