2008 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Review: Sporty SUV

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Review

Sporty SUV
By Mid life crisis on

2008 Mazda CX-7 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Touring AWD purchased 2/29/08. This copper red/sand leather sports wagon replaced my 2005 Tribute. Came with Sirius, 6 CD changer, fogs, wheel locks. The standard speakers are above average for a non-upgraded factory sound. The drive reminds me of my old Eagle Talon, turbo 4 AWD. The suspension is a bit firm, but for that it corners on rails. Nice steering wheel and tight steering feel. Other than the feeling of the vehicle size, a very sporting ride. My three kids (13,12,9) find the rear seat wider and with more leg room than the Trib. The leather seats are quite comfy and supportive, worth the upgrade.

Favorite Features

Sports car drive feel, very good acceleration despite slight turbo lag, better for passing than off the line. Seating comfort and driver position. Cool red dash lighting. Good control ergos. Above average stock radio. Best looking crossover design and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage/cupholders lass than average for class. Could use a tad more sound proofing, a bit much on the engine whine. Agree about taller sixth gear for highway. IPod jack. Available full size spare. Belt line moulding, this beauty will get a lot of door dings unless I park her far away.