Turbo gone!!!!
By nichele on
2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my 2008 CX7 with almost 5k miles. I really enjoyed driving it....until the timing chain had to be replaced at at 40000 miles, which I thought was a little soon but it was covered. About a year ago, I had to have the engine mount replaced, some bearings were worn and there was an oil leak. That was not covered over $1000 worth of repairs. The CEL came on over the weekend. Took it to the dealer ,turbo engine done....timing chain again, The car needs almost 9000 dollars worth of repairs..are you kidding me!!! The service rep told me that I did good for having 95k miles on the car without anyhing major happening before now. Going to get rid of this car!!!
By lykeisha
on 09/14/14 06:43 AM (PDT)

I got 98k out of mine and now my engine is blown. Engine oil cooler started going out as noticed by an oil leak at 60k. Replaced the engine oil cooler at 70k. Vent kit needs to be replaced also. Now as of today the engine is out without warning except for loud knocking, in which I took it right to the shop and dropped it off at night. Completely angry-going to take it to mazda and see how a trade in will work on it...I still owe on it, not to mention! I will definitely post on here if mazda helps me out come Monday or not?!