2008 Mazda CX-7 2.3L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Compact SUV that is fun

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Review

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Compact SUV that is fun to drive
By Lurking on

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've enjoyed my first month of owning my new CX-7. It is a beautiful vehicle and it has carried me through 6" of snow and a blinding rainstorm already. I test drove many other vehicles in this category but the Mazda was, by far, the most fun to drive. That consideration was not at the top of my priority list, but it's superiority there outshined some of the smaller disadvantages. One thing I wish I had known was just how poor the gas mileage is. My vehicle is returning 13mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the highway. I'm not even sure how a 4 cyl engine can possibly return such poor numbers. I recommend the vehicle with the caveat that you must be willing to accept poor gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The suspension tuning, the Black Cherry color, keyless entry and ignition system, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

Better interior carpeting, navigation system with the ability to look up names of shops or restaurants rather than just addresses, better mileage, I'll say that again, Better Gas Mileage!