Big Disapointment
By lilgreenfrog76 on
2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I thought driving a Mazda would be wonderful. I love forgeign cars as they last forever!! I couldn't be more wrong. Bought the car with 16k miles and at 70k miles, the engine blows. First was thought the timing chain broke, but wasn't. Mazda will NOT stand by their product. They have a crappy warrenty for a reason. Their cars are CRAP!! I checked out more cars like mine, there IS a bad problem with the engines!!! There is NO reason for a maintained car to have such issues at low miles. I had a VW with 144k miles, 10 years old and never once gave me problems. SHAME ON YOU MAZDA!! Build a better car or fix it. Check reviews and engine problems on the 07' & 08' CX-7's!! U have been WARNED!!!!
Favorite Features
Design and comfort. But that is not what makes the car run. I would rather have a car I can DRIVE. Mazda has failed me AND my family!! I will never buy one again.
Suggested Improvements
Stronger more reliable engines. Preferrably, a NON Interferrence Engine!! These engines are NOT built to last!!!!
By torontoh
on 11/25/11 10:39 AM (PST)

You may need to take a chill pill, mate. Calm down a bit, then write again. I had a VW that only gave me problem after problem. I had a Mazda before that and it never gave me problems. It all depends on the car, the use, the user, and sometimes even luck. I am in the process of buying a Mazda CX 7 myself, and I trust the brand. I'm not saying you are lieing about your experience, I'm saying that Mazda in general is a good brand. And so is VW, I just had a bad experience there. So oh well, sell the car and move on. Happy holidays.