2008 Mazda CX-7 Consumer Review: A happy wife is a happy life

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Review

A happy wife is a happy life
By rands on

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this car for my wife, we looked at all the usual suspects and I'm so glad that she preferred the CX-7 in the Grand Touring AWD package. This car is a revelation in the price bracket; it is the better value X5. Being an ex racer and a Manager of a Ferrari and Maserati dealer I get to drive some nice cars, but this car is really good, with a few short comings, but they are insignificant to the positives.

Love the front three quarter look and the side profile. My wife loves the aggressive styling. The interior design is very good and I love the night-time instrument illumination. The precision of the steering is Sports car like as is the brake feel. I really wouldn't swap this car, it's that good.

The engine is to noisy under acceleration and at 75Mph. They have gone to work on the illumination but forgotten to do some switches. They are so close to making the car quality right but are let down by some plastics used. An iPod connector should be available at this level too. Great car though