Used 2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

Compact SUV that is fun to drive
By Lurking

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've enjoyed my first month of owning my new CX-7. It is a beautiful vehicle and it has carried me through 6" of snow and a blinding rainstorm already. I test drove many other vehicles in this category but the Mazda was, by far, the most fun to drive. That consideration was not at the top of my priority list, but it's superiority there outshined some of the smaller disadvantages. One thing I wish I had known was just how poor the gas mileage is. My vehicle is returning 13mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the highway. I'm not even sure how a 4 cyl engine can possibly return such poor numbers. I recommend the vehicle with the caveat that you must be willing to accept poor gas mileage.

The suspension tuning, the Black Cherry color, keyless entry and ignition system, Bose stereo

Better interior carpeting, navigation system with the ability to look up names of shops or restaurants rather than just addresses, better mileage, I'll say that again, Better Gas Mileage!

Questioning the purchase.
By cindy

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We just bought this car 2 days ago. We drove quite a few cars and liked how this one took off (on premium gas)! Ultimately chose this one because of the great deal we got. We're mostly pleased with it. What's up with the headlights? (We didn't drive the car after dark until after we'd brought it home.) There's a "line" across your field of vision which "divides" light and dark. It's not as obvious with high beam. Dealer service guy says it's normal. It's very annoying. Seats could be a little more comfortable. Quieter ride would be nice. Better gas mileage, too. Everything else about the car we're happy.

Price, fun to drive.

Quieter ride, better gas mileage, correct headlight issue, more comfortable seats, automatic headlights, automatic door locks.

I love my Mazda CX-7
By hunt5368

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car after an accident in my Nissan Murano. The turbo 4-cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and there is no roll when taking turns. I only wish there were more cubbies for the driver. Its roomy enough to take family trips and compact enough for your daily errands. I would definitely recommend the CX-7.

exterior style, interior colors, turbo, gauge cluster style, large cargo area, averaging 23/25 mpg

more cubbies around the driver

My Journey's ...my CX7
By greg

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My CX7 has it all! It's loaded! Mazda makes an excellent product! Only 2 suggestions. Automatic interior door lock; and change tire contract with supplier. Bridgestone tires are less then adequate. I am on my second set of Bridgestone tires at 16,000 miles. At this time my second set of Bridgestone tires is creating the tire indicator lamp to remain on my instrument cluster...roughly 17,000miles. Please change tire supplier. I am a city driver 135 per day, to and from work, maybe market, or resturant added. In all the vechicle is excelent.

Interior automatic door locks. New tire supplier. Automatic AC/heat. Controls easier to navigate/understand

What Lines
By Tucker

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Stunning exterior lines accent this perfect sized SUV. Solid footing allows you throw this platform into a switch-back with a peace of mind. The lows, much too noisy cabin, turbo lag, and eats tires every 20K.

Styling and handling places a smile ear-to-ear after a long day of work.

Lower interior noise, nicer carpeting and improve gas mileage