2008 Mazda CX-7 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
OMG, what a ride
By CX-7 ROCKS on 01/30/08 16:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I never thought I would buy an SUV, until this came along. The thing handles great and the turbo motor is awesome. The 18" rims are sweet. Wish they were chrome. Seat comfort is good, but I wish they were a little more grippy to go along with the solid handling. I can't say enough about the handling. It is on rails! period. The visibility is excellent, do not need rear view camera. I have garmin nav. much better than optional system. Tons of room up front which is all I care about, feels much roomier than EDGE. Although, premium fuel is recommended instead of required, I don't mind putting 93 octane in it, I feel the power difference between regular.

Originally, I Had Second Thoughts
By MEP on 01/28/08 11:36 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I test drove the CX-7 Sport, I liked the car; however, after I purchased it and drove it for a longer period of time, I was not please with the rough ride. I was having second thoughts about this vehicle. Now, after owning the SUV for a month, I'm loving this SUV. I originally started out to purchase the Nissan Maxima until I saw this vehicle on the highway. It's roomy, the handling and braking is great, and I have gotten use to the ride.

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring FWD
By Eric on 01/11/08 09:47 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CX-7 does great at handling many driving conditions. It has great passing power on the highway. Avg. MPG on highway was 24. Using premium fuel and using cruise control really helps. I am not impressed with the navigation system. It is not as user friendly as the plug and go Garmins. Its point of interest database is very limited. Instrument cluster is easy to read and has a dimming switch. Bose sound system is great. Outdoor temp. display can be read when you toggle between the A/C temp and outdoor temp. I would have liked it if the outdoor temp was always visible in display above the steering wheel. Reliability is still unknown so I would suggest a short term lease.

I love this car!
By lbdelite on 01/07/08 08:26 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has a lot of power under the hood. It takes off very quickly and the ride is so smooth. I love the size and it is very easy to handle in traffic.

Love It
By Jim on 01/04/08 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I couldn't be happier with this vehicle. Got a GT FWD loaded. The performance is awesome!! It is such a fun car to drive! A suggestion for some folks. Skip the technology package and put in an aftermarket radio like the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 or D3. Everything else with the car is wonderful!!!

Educate yourself before you buy
By Chris on 01/03/08 18:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 08 does not require high octane, but its recommended. If you buy a car with a turbo, expect lag, it's that simple. Yes it's a 4cyl but it's a turbo, so don't expect standard 4cyl economy. From a performance standpoint the car does not feel super fast off the line, but passing can be a lot of fun under full throttle, especially from about 40mph as 80 comes up really quick! The ride is stiff due to performance, if you want a soft ride buy a boat. Stopping ability is outstanding and cornering is very good. This car is the best of both worlds if you ask me. Driver's seat fits well and controls are all within easy reach.

A happy wife is a happy life
By rands on 12/26/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this car for my wife, we looked at all the usual suspects and I'm so glad that she preferred the CX-7 in the Grand Touring AWD package. This car is a revelation in the price bracket; it is the better value X5. Being an ex racer and a Manager of a Ferrari and Maserati dealer I get to drive some nice cars, but this car is really good, with a few short comings, but they are insignificant to the positives.

The Sports Car of Small Crossovers
By Alan on 12/14/07 08:37 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Curvaceous exterior is stunning, Unlike the boxy competitors in its class, it has a more upscale appearance on par with higher end CUVs such as the Infiniti FX35/45. Excellent & funtional interior. The piano black trim on the instrument panel and steering wheel is very modern and appears like something from a luxury car (ex. Aston Martin DBS). Bose sound system is excellent. The handling and feel of the car are on par with sport sedans. The steering is more heavily weighted, which translates to excellent control with the feel of a German sedan. Handling is smooth and progressive, with little body roll. 244bhp enginer is strong albeit with slight turbo lag. After 5 BMWs, I love the CX-7.

Who would have thought?
By bb on 11/30/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this amazing SUV for about a month and could not be more impressed. I can't believe I ended up with Mazda. I looked at BMW X3, Audi Q7, VW Toureg, and the Nissan Pathfinder. After driving all of these I could not believe how close the BMW and the Mazda were. So, I bought the Mazda and saved some money. I couldn't be happier and I have not had this much fun driving anything in the last 15 years!

CX-7 best value CUV
By erb13 on 11/04/07 15:06 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the vehicle for my wife, as it had all the options she wanted and was the right size. Very versatile, excellent quality and one of the best handling vehicles of its type. After 2500 miles we are very satified with our selection, no problems to date. Mileage has averaged 21 mpg for mixed driving. Great vehicle for trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.