2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:
Excellent SUV with a much lesser price
By Masood on 03/10/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove almost all SUV in this segment, Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Murano, Arura RDX, Lexus 350, Infiniti FX-35 and found this SUV the most attractive one for the money that I paid, this suv is fun to drive with lot of style. It has all the qualities of the luxury SUV's with much lesser price. Only issue is premium gas and low mileage. But overall it is the best in its segment

Goodbye BMW 330xi, Hello CX-7 GT
By ZoomKyleZoom on 03/09/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my '02 BMW 330XI in for a 2008 CX-7 Grand Touring FWD. Best thing I could ever done. It drives and handles just like my Beemer did, minus the AWD. But here in KY, there is no need for AWD 99% of the time. I've gotten a lot of compliments on this, and there's not a lot of them around since the closest Mazda dealer is an hour away. I was worried about giving up a 6-cylinder for a 4-banger, but with the Turbo, it's even better than a 6-cylinder. Mazda really outdid themselves on this design.

Road Warrior
By Wildcat on 03/03/08 19:24 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Researched extensively prior to buying my GT three months ago. CX-7 beat out Acura RDX and Saturn Vue Redline. The Mazda is extremely attractive inside and out, and almost every area of its performance is at or near the top when comparing crossovers. Almost every GT stocked by Mazda dealerships comes with a Tech Pkg, which includes the nav system, sunroof, Bose/6CD changer, and rear camera.

Too fun for an SUV
By John B. on 02/29/08 15:46 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the CX-7 Grand Touring AWD with the technology package. This is a blast of a car to drive - great acceleration and handling (I haven't been able to feel any turbo hesitation). The interior is flawless - everything works as billed. The voice navigation works great and the sound system is terrific. Only drawback - no bluetooth capability. The seating is comfortable (both my wife and I are above 6 ft tall). The keyless entry removes a ton of hassles. The cargo area with the rear seats down is more than adequate for what life with 4 active children throws at us. All in all, a SUV with the soul of a sports car. Zoom zoom!

Great CUV
By Mario Varela on 02/18/08 19:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great Crossover Utility Vehicle. It has very fast pick-up from zero and it hugs the road unbelievably. The exterior styling is very intriguing, will turn heads as you stroll by. The interior is also very stylish. The turbo comes in handy when needed.

Cool suv
By Edsel Argarin on 02/17/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car, the power, cornering, braking, passing, it drives like a sports car. Looks good in all angle and the seats are much more comfortable and accelerates/pass better than the pilot with a little bit better mpg.

Obsidian Pearl
By mcspoo on 02/17/08 07:26 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Sleek. Fast. Comfortable. I got a great price on this. CX-7 was not a vehicle I was looking for, but stumbled upon. It drives so smooth I end up over 80mph before I know it. At least, smoother than the Jeep Liberty I traded in for this. You cannot believe how much power the engine has until your drive it. Interior functionality is much better than the Liberty. Wish it had a better stereo (4 speakers, distorts when loud). Still waiting to see the real gas mileage. Massive dashboard and front window takes some getting used to.

Don't Bother!
By JD on 02/15/08 12:48 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Terrible in winter conditions; poor visibility; safety belt signals 30x for front passenger if you so much as have a briefcase on the seat; really dim driving lights (I have to use my high beams as much as possible).

Just bought it two days ago
By Myshkin on 02/11/08 12:13 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We just picked up our CX-7 a couple of days ago. For the last couple of years I have been looking at the Mazda 6, but after driving the CX-7 I was smitten. If you are considering this vehicle, I would skip the tech package. You can get after-market GPS for a fraction of the price, and in a few years when current tech is outdated you can easily upgrade. Not so if your GPS is built it. The Bose stereo is nice enough though. Only GT feature I might have liked would be the cool blue lighting and the auto-climate control, but neither were deal-breakers for me.

OMG, what a ride
By CX-7 ROCKS on 01/30/08 16:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-7 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I never thought I would buy an SUV, until this came along. The thing handles great and the turbo motor is awesome. The 18" rims are sweet. Wish they were chrome. Seat comfort is good, but I wish they were a little more grippy to go along with the solid handling. I can't say enough about the handling. It is on rails! period. The visibility is excellent, do not need rear view camera. I have garmin nav. much better than optional system. Tons of room up front which is all I care about, feels much roomier than EDGE. Although, premium fuel is recommended instead of required, I don't mind putting 93 octane in it, I feel the power difference between regular.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.